Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

UC football ranked

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
edited October 2019 in Rogue Boosters
UC makes top 25 in AP poll after beating UCF. So, now all three of our losses are to top 25 caliber teams..maybe back in the MAC we can come out on top?

Comments

• skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    That's great fo them...

But time to start focusing on what miami is doing....yeah competition been tough...but Tennesse Tech and UB included, our stats are the worst I've seen:

2019 Football Cumulative Statistics - Miami University RedHawks
    https://miamiredhawks.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football

Hopefully we get a better offensive game plan going.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    skins said:

That's great fo them...

But time to start focusing on what miami is doing....yeah competition been tough...but Tennesse Tech and UB included, our stats are the worst I've seen:

2019 Football Cumulative Statistics - Miami University RedHawks
    https://miamiredhawks.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football

Hopefully we get a better offensive game plan going.

Breaking in a true freshman quarterback and the competition he has faced has a lot to do with it. Even through adversity I feel he has showed that he has the “it” factor! They actually should be ready to turn him loose. I understand playing safe for a lot reasons. Also we lack a solid run game. Do we miss Kenny Young? Of course we do!
    edited October 2019
    There's a multitude of reasons and contributing factors for low production for sure....but Gabbert is capable, and I won't digress to how it is sort of perplexing that we are in this qb position (ie true fresh is best option)....Bestor is back....let's get a quick pass, run heavy look, with occasional play action going.

Time to put up more than 230 yards per game.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Do we have any idea who has been declared out for the season du to injury? The bumps and bruises list is largely unreliable as we saw in the week leading up to Buffalo. But it would be interesting to know who we definitely won’t see again this season.
    That's a "HUH" Nescacdad...

Concerned with averaging 234 yards per game total as we enter MAC play should not be a huh, regardless of competition?   If Miami is going to make some noise in the MAC, we need to establish a better offensive game plan that suits our QB and personnel.  If we are going to continue to ease Gabbert in, we need to up the run game attack to ~175 to 200 yards per game and just make the most of what Brett is comfortable doing.

Next opponent....puts up 486 yards per game.  Against Tennessee Tech and UB Miami only averaged 300 yards per game...and 15 first downs.  Hopefully we see some wrinkles in the O and more production.
  • mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    I agree with some offensive adjustments.  Let's throw to the backs more out of the backfield.

I think the yardage can be explained at least somewhat by game circumstances.

Tenn. Tech:  longest scoring drive was 72 yards by the backups, all but one of the rest of our scoring drives were fewer than 55 yards, including a 2 yard drive, we gave up a 20+ play drive in the 3rd quarter, and scored on a pick-6

Buffalo:  68 yards in punt returns, scored on a pick-6, had scoring drives of 14 and 0 drives, respectively after turnovers