Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Kent State next Saturday at 3:30

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
Road Trip.  Or you can watch the game on ESPN+.  Current MACEast standings have Kent in first place.

Kent   2-0
BG     1-1
Miami 1-1
Ohio   1-1
Akron 0-2
UB     0-2
ChrisW1980

Comments

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Win or season is probably a loss cause.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Dix Stadium is often a box canyon ambush for Miami. Kent is a must win this year, as are four others of the next six.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    edited October 2019
    Miami hasn’t won at Kent since 2011. We will break the streak next week!
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    Last time Ragland was hurt but Miami led 14-3 at the half but ended up losing.  Think Kent, like BG that year ended up 2-10. Those 2 defeats combined with the end of the UC game that year still makes me ill. 
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

Last time Ragland was hurt but Miami led 14-3 at the half but ended up losing.  Think Kent, like BG that year ended up 2-10. Those 2 defeats combined with the end of the UC game that year still makes me ill. 

Just makes me think Chuck Martin.
    redhawk11
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    rexjack53 said:

If that makes you ill, adding losing to marshall by 5 after giving up 2 kickoff TD's and a pick six might be enough to put you in a coma.
    Forgot about the Turd game. I was in a 8 week coma in 93 so  2017 did NOT put me in another 1.
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly

I was there. 9-3 what a damn game.
    redhawk11
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    I was there in the rain in 2015 when we trailed late but made a fourth quarter run that ended when Kummer failed to see a wide open receiver just past the down marker on fourth down.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

That was the wind game.  Ridiculously strong crosswinds destroyed the passing and kicking games
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

That was the wind game.  Ridiculously strong crosswinds destroyed the passing and kicking games
    A great day to be a RedHawk

DICK
    edited October 2019
    Nm
    Kent has the most efficient quarterback in the league right now. No interceptions this year....
    No room for error..must take care of Flashes as OU and Ball State still loom. Ball State game could very well be a match in which winner goes bowling and loser stays home.
    Hopefully as Gabberts gains more confidence we will see more quick routes on first down to help open up running attack. That dart to Maye on the post route was beautiful!
    AORedHawk33
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

No room for error..must take care of Flashes as OU and Ball State still loom. Ball State game could very well be a match in which winner goes bowling and loser stays home.

I am thinking the Ball State game will match the East and West champs who will have both already clinched, and will be a preview of the MACC the following week.  Beat Kent and OU and we are very close to being in, as we would still have BG and Akron at home and could lose to Ball State and it would not matter.
    FootbalheadMHT_Meme_TeamRe6H5wk
    Would love to see it play out that way, Dick!
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Cincykid3 said:

I am thinking the Ball State game will match the East and West champs who will have both already clinched, and will be a preview of the MACC the following week.  Beat Kent and OU and we are very close to being in, as we would still have BG and Akron at home and could lose to Ball State and it would not matter.
    From your lips to Gods ears...

People do forget though.... last week, the majority of this board was saying how we’d be lucky to win 2 more games.
    JCook32
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    edited October 2019
    DICK said:

Cincykid3 said:

I came to this thread just to say this.  This scenario would make me most happy of all the possible remaining scenarios.   I would love to see both teams put in their backup QBs and just run I-formation all game.  I was thinking this sounded familiar when I realized this same thing happened in C-USA last year.  MTSU beat UAB 27-3 in week 12, and turned around and lost in the championship game to them 27-25 a week later.  
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

DICK said:

Cincykid3 said:

I came to this thread just to say this.  This scenario would make me most happy of all the possible remaining scenarios.   I would love to see both teams put in their backup QBs and just run I-formation all game.  I was thinking this sounded familiar when I realized this same thing happened in C-USA last year.  MTSU beat UAB 27-3 in week 12, and turned around and lost in the championship game to them 27-25 a week later.  
    That's happened a couple other times too. Boise-Fresno in 2017 and UCLA-Stanford in 2012.
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I guess we should hope KSU dominates the first quarter Saturday. In our last 5 games the team that scored first has lost. In four of them the losing team scored twice before the winning team scored
    On the MAC board weekly pick em I believe I saw a reference that Kent was a slight favorite (2.5 points) vs. us this week. It is still hard for me to reconcile being an underdog playing the likes of Kent State.
    CBS ranks Miami #105 and Kent 110. Ball State is 60 and OU is 102. 
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Kent is a lot better than I was expecting and will be a tough challenge for our defense. Their QB is a solid passer and a threat running the ball as well. We usually don't handle mobile QBs very well, so this will test our maturity as a program.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Kent is a lot better than I was expecting and will be a tough challenge for our defense. Their QB is a solid passer and a threat running the ball as well. We usually don't handle mobile QBs very well, so this will test our maturity as a program.

Good practice for OU.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

I saw kents qb a lot in high school because he was in our league and we played them again in the playoffs three straight years. He was always a heck of a runner and he looked the part. I never thought his accuracy would be good enough and kinda figured he would move to receiver- but he seems to have improved on that too

I've been really impressed by them so far this year. I heard a podcast with their HC Sean Lewis earlier this year and was incredibly impressed by his philosophy and story, he's going to have them trending in the right direction soon enough then make the jump to the B1G (probably Illinois when Lovie is done)
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

I've been really impressed by them so far this year. I heard a podcast with their HC Sean Lewis earlier this year and was incredibly impressed by his philosophy and story, he's going to have them trending in the right direction soon enough then make the jump to the B1G (probably Illinois when Lovie is done)
    He better hurry up.

redhawk11 said:

He better hurry up.

Lovie has the Illini at 3-4 with Purdue, Rutgers, and Northwestern still left...they might be going bowling
    Kent State QB actively leads FBS with 188 consecutive pass attempts with no interceptions. Let’s go RedHawks defense!!!!
    thechuck_2112