Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Running Game

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
 In order for our offense and our freshman QB to get better, we have to improve our running game. We don't have a feature back averaging more than 3.7 yards a carry. For the season, we are averaging 2.7 yards a carry. Yes, we have had a patchwork OL for most of the year, and at times have had 3 true freshmen out there, but we need to improve. Our offense is predicated on the running game opening up the passing game. Yet, at times Chuck Martin seems unwilling to commit to the run. And as part of the running game, I would include passes to the backs. If we do that, I think our offense will continue to improve. And I did think yesterday second half we saw what this offense can be, as it took a step in the right direction. And unlike many past games, Chuck's play calling in the 4th quarter was much better. 
FootbalheadChrisW1980Nescacdad

Comments

• AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    36 rushes compared to 28 passing plays.... I’d say he’s committed to the run just fine.
    DSnyder15
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Please don’t blame Chuck Martin for anything on that side of the ball. He said in his post game presser that “I didn’t see 2 offensive plays all game.”

What a moron. He sounds like an absolute idiot at nearly all times. Pretty sure the head coach should watch the game.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    On this team, we have to pass to open up the run.  Our successful running plays are mostly in passing situations.  It has been this way all year.
    Footbalheadmz343ChrisW1980adamsdj14
  • Bluesman said:

In order for our offense and our freshman QB to get better, we have to improve our running game. We don't have a feature back averaging more than 3.7 yards a carry. For the season, we are averaging 2.7 yards a carry. Yes, we have had a patchwork OL for most of the year, and at times have had 3 true freshmen out there, but we need to improve. Our offense is predicated on the running game opening up the passing game. Yet, at times Chuck Martin seems unwilling to commit to the run. And as part of the running game, I would include passes to the backs. If we do that, I think our offense will continue to improve. And I did think yesterday second half we saw what this offense can be, as it took a step in the right direction. And unlike many past games, Chuck's play calling in the 4th quarter was much better. 

Chuck calls the defense. Koehler calls the O
  • 19goSkins said:

Please don’t blame Chuck Martin for anything on that side of the ball. He said in his post game presser that “I didn’t see 2 offensive plays all game.”

What a moron. He sounds like an absolute idiot at nearly all times. Pretty sure the head coach should watch the game.

Interesting, when Sean McVay was talked about not watching the defense everyone thought well he is working with the Offense on the game plan. When Coach Martin works with the Defense he is calling he is a moron.

AORedHawk33thechuck_2112HawksGrad18
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Redskin89 said:

19goSkins said:

Interesting, when Sean McVay was talked about not watching the defense everyone thought well he is working with the Offense on the game plan. When Coach Martin works with the Defense he is calling he is a moron.

Sean has won a game in September.
    grumpy1
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    Maybe coach stopped watching offense due to OFOCATO  (out of fear of calling a time out)?

ducks and runs
    killgas20Footbalhead
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    the next 5 games the run    game will likely improve due to defenses being not as good as the team has faced thus far.
    laxdaddyDICK
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

the next 5 games the run    game will likely improve due to defenses being not as good as the team has faced thus far.

That would be great. May your hopes come true.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    skins said:

Maybe coach stopped watching offense due to OFOCATO  (out of fear of calling a time out)?

ducks and runs
    LMAO
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    Sheesh. Some of you fellas are actually worse after we win a game.
    FootbalheadIam4hawks
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
              profholt  
                    "Sheesh. Some of fellas are actually worse after we win a game. "

Profholt....there's lots of haters and lurkers running around here. 

Write something that's even semi, sorta, kinda complimentary or (dare you) full out supportive and watch the crap fly. Poor folks just can't help themselves. Personally I'd say it has at times been painful but it's a lot better than it was and I think it's trending up so I'll take the tact that sometimes patience really is a virtue. 

In the meantime....kinda fun poking at them and getting them all riled up. 

Love & Honor! 

• bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Yeah, no reason to be grumpy when football has 1, yes, 1, winning 
    season since 2006. I don't understand where that negativity would be
    stemming from. ;)

grumpy1MHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11digitalhawkskinsBash_Riprock
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

I'm always the worst, bitch.

Seriously though, I rarely care how the sausage is made, just let me eat it. Same thing with Ws.
    grumpy1Love_and_HonorMHT_Meme_Team
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite

I'm always the worst, bitch.

Seriously though, I rarely care how the sausage is made, just let me eat it. Same thing with Ws.
    redhawk11The_Sackman

skins said:

ducks and runs
    LMAO
    This was a merely a PSA for those suffering from OFOCATO, hardly negative.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019

Bluesman said:

Chuck calls the defense. Koehler calls the O
    Seems to me the HC ought to have some input on the offensive play calling. I don't give him a pass because Koehler is calling plays. If CM has no input on the offense, then that is a big problem. And my comments apply to wins or losses. 
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    bpat said:

stemming from. ;)

Funny. You could also say Miami has the best MAC record since 2016. 
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    lets have the best MAC record this year, still possible but tough
    MHT_Meme_TeamDICK
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    JiveHawk said:

bpat said:

stemming from. ;)

Funny. You could also say Miami has the best MAC record since 2016. 
    Wow! impressive! We must have at least a couple bowl appearances, and a MAC chamionship appearance in that same span.  At least a single bowl win at the very least.  
    redhawk11QuinoaburgerBash_Riprock
    Close...we own the Redbird rivalry!

At least for now.