Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Soccer loses 1-0 again

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
edited October 2019 in Soccer
We have been shut out 10 times this season, 6 of them 1-0. Girls are now 3-11-1 ( 2-5-1).  Our last 3 games are at home. This week we host Ohio at 4 on Thursday and Kent at 1 on Sunday. 

Comments

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I knew this year was going to be very tough. With most girls committing a few years out, none of Sirman’s recruits are at Miami yet. I do know there will he some coming next year after some re-evaluations of others, so will be good to see her girls on the field. Already more wins than last year, with many of the games being very closely contested (including a one goal late loss to OSU!)
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Spanks004 said:

I knew this year was going to be very tough. With most girls committing a few years out, none of Sirman’s recruits are at Miami yet. I do know there will he some coming next year after some re-evaluations of others, so will be good to see her girls on the field. Already more wins than last year, with many of the games being very closely contested (including a one goal late loss to OSU!)

I am not a soccer fan, but I’m not sure I’d say the Ohio State game was very closely contested. It was 1-0 on the scoreboard, but they outshot us 26-1.
    Mowch
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    19goSkins said:

Spanks004 said:

I am not a soccer fan, but I’m not sure I’d say the Ohio State game was very closely contested. It was 1-0 on the scoreboard, but they outshot us 26-1.
    All that matters is the final score. If we had made that one shot, leave with a tie, no one would care about shots!