Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

IT’S OU WEEK!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Next up-beat the Bobkitties on Nov. 6!! Huge game and the winner controls their own destiny in the MAC East. So more then just beating our hated rivals on the line. Time to get healthy and prepare for war!!
ChrisW1980mpurdy22

Comments

• skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Go us.
    redhawk11
  • We haven't won in Athens since 2005 - time for that to change.
    Redhawk2019naptownHawk
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Miami and OU share two common oppenents left: BG and Akron. Both should be wins for both Miami and OU. OU then has WMU and Miami has Ball State. So this game between Miami and OU on Nov 6 can very well be the deciding game for the MAC East. One thing is for certain, we can't have an inefficient offense like we did the first half today against Kent. 

And isn't it fun to actually be playing in games that matter again! 
    JHVMUFBAlummpurdy22
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    You can't spell "Eat a bag of shit OU" without the letters Eat a bag of shit OU. Let's go!
    grumpy1DevilGradThe_Sackmandigitalhawkthechuck_2112ChiefPanicmpurdy22
  • ScalperScalper Senior Barfly
    OU selling tickets for 1.50 in honor of 150th year. Pushing hard for first MAC midweek sellout. This game tucked between ou Halloween and the real one has awesome all over it.
    naptownHawkIam4hawks
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Scalper said:

OU selling tickets for 1.50 in honor of 150th year. Pushing hard for first MAC midweek sellout. This game tucked between ou Halloween and the real one has awesome all over it.

Unless I'm missing something, this game is on Nov. 6th
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Ohio University must be destroyed.
    Professor_FateBash_Riprock
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    Back to midweek games.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    It will be all about moving/stopping 3rd down.
    Professor_Fate
  • ScalperScalper Senior Barfly
    edited October 2019
    My source was my ou friend. I’m sure his watch was wrong in the deathmobile too.
    naptownHawk
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Under the assumption that it would take something catastrophic for either of us to lose to Akron or BG, this game is a de facto conference semifinal. That Buffalo choke job against OU earlier this season looks like it could end up having a major impact on the division race.
  • Under the assumption that it would take something catastrophic for either of us to lose to Akron or BG, this game is a de facto conference semifinal. That Buffalo choke job against OU earlier this season looks like it could end up having a major impact on the division race.

It will impact things, but I think even if Buffalo pulled that one out the division would still come down to this game.
    redhawk11
    It always comes down to this game.  Ohio University must be destroyed.  
    AORedHawk33
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    OU?!
    *shuddering*
    I can already smell the rich potpourri of weed, patchouli and BO. They must be destroyed.
    MHT_Meme_TeamFraggleHawk
    And some of that potpourri is just potpourri.  Athens is still the college of choice for a lot of first-gen college students in Appalachian Ohio.  I know their story, and they have my respect, but they must be destroyed anyway.  
    MHT_Meme_TeamScalper
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    It’s 5:37 PM and according to Matt Lauer, Ohio University still sucks.
    redhawk11
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    OU should open as a 3-point favorite.
    Where?  At a CBD distillery?

Ohio University must be destroyed.  
    edited October 2019
    Little stat. First three games of the year OU's offensive yards per play were 5.75. In the last 4 games, MAC play, they are up to 6.44 yards per play. So clearly OU's offense is getting better in conference play. 

That being said, Rourke will likely be hopped up on mary jane, Solich will be tripping over Jim Beam, and Miami must and will destroy OU! Game will be on ESPN2 so the whole world can witness OU's embarrassment. 
    MHT_Meme_TeamDICK
    They grind it out pretty efficiently.  As ever, the key to beating a Frank Solich team is stuffing them on first down to get them off schedule and then not succumbing our maddening habit of giving up third and long conversions.  The run defense has been pretty good the last two games (only 115 yards for NIU and 127 for Kent).  OU is a better rushing team than those two, but our run defenders should be playing with more confidence than they were early in the season.  

Or TL;DR:  Ohio University must be destroyed.  
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    OU gave up 35 points to Kent and have been  giving  up points all year in chunks  
  • rexjack53 said:

OU gave up 35 points to Kent and have been  giving  up points all year in chunks  

38*  We haven't exactly been gaining points in chunks though....
    true , but offense seems to be improving in MAC games as has the D. 
    CycloneAl
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Just checking to see if OU still sucks...

...Yes, they do.
    DICK
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I now have a group of 5 ( RedHawk11 included) that is meeting in Athens Wednesday night.  We were able to get some of 1500 tickets they put on sale for $1.50!  Huge game, should determine the MACEast champion.
    AORedHawk33redhawk11Re6H5wkMHT_Meme_Teamkillgas20D_Day
    / checks watch

Yup. Ohio University still must be destroyed.
    BEAT OU WIN MAC EAST!! 
    ChrisW1980
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Win out!
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    +7.5 feels like 3 points too much but you never know when the spotlight is on Chuck.
    In Chucks defense, Miami has been winning  1 score games the end of last season and this season . This is a  tough game on the road. More likely a loss than a win.

BG and Akron at home should be wins . Ball State on the road is also tough.