Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

OU v Kent Lines

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
One thing that stuck out to me looking at Kent's gamenotes before the game and now looking at OU's gamenotes, is the relatively big differences in the size of the lines. Simply put, Kent's lines are not very big. OU, especially the OL, is huge. Kent's DL averages 258 OU 267. Not a huge difference but still significant. Kent's OL averages 287. OU 311. That is a tremendous difference. We are really going to need our DL rotation going well. OU's OL is actually bigger than Iowa and UC. Not saying better, just bigger. Hopefully our DL are fresh and we can rotate as we have done all year. Quickness off the snap will be paramount against this OU offensive line. I think the difference on D will be the very active play of our LB and safeties, both groups do an excellent job in run support and pressuring the QB.  If anyone is wondering,(and you probably aren't!) Miami's DL averages 263.  Miami OL averages 299.  So both splitting the difference between OU and Kent. Just some random (and probably worthless) mid week gamenote musing. (Starting to sound like Tod and his damn graphs and charts!) 

Comments

• bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    It figures. Frank is from Nebraska and they always had big OLs there. I wonder if Nebraska ever regrets letting a coach go who, I think, was averaging 9 wins a year.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    That's probably more a statement about Kent than it is about Ohio. Their recruiting was really lagging under Haynes and their new coach likes to play a hyperspeed spread, where quickness and endurance are much more important than they are with a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.
    DICK
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    bpat said:

I wonder if Nebraska ever regrets letting a coach go who, I think, was averaging 9 wins a year.

Which one?
    redhawk11
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum

bpat said:

I wonder if Nebraska ever regrets letting a coach go who, I think, was averaging 9 wins a year.

Which one?
    Cap'n Frank. 58-19 as Cornhusker HC. I'd take that.