Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

GAME DAY THREAD: BATTLE OF THE BRICKS!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
I'm starting it now. It's 624am in STL, and I am game ready. It's bobkitty ass kicking time!! To paraphrase Negan of Walking Dead, "OU fans are putting on their shitting pants!" We are securing the MAC East tonight! 

BEAT OU!! LOVE AND HONOR! 
Scalper

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    See the source image

• Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Now let's go get our damn trophy!
  • mpurdy22mpurdy22 Havighurstite
    Their basketball team won last night, that's all they get this weekend. Miami will get the W.  The bricks are for our house!!
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Need a great defensive performance
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Biggest game of Chuck's Miami career. Let's get a win!
    AORedHawk33MHT_Meme_TeamDICKkillgas20Love_and_HonorScalper
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Need to win out. It starts tonight!
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Is it? I agree it's a big game that, rivalry implications aside, will give the winner a big boost toward winning the MAC East crown, but losing tonight will not eliminate us or OU from contention.

I was thinking about this, and I think that the final game of the 2016 season was the biggest of Chuck's tenor thus far. We went into that game 5-6, and knowing that a win would make us bowl eligible and possibly get us into the MAC championship game. We needed Akron to beat OU that same night for it to happen. While we won, so too did OU sadly, so they got to represent the East in the championship as they had us in the tie breaker. But starting 0-6, and finishing 6-6 was historic, and I maintain that was Chuck's biggest game so far in his Miami career.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks we'll be in a position where a win will clinch the MAC East, and then that will be the biggest game of his Miami career.
    JCook32
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    edited November 2019

redhawk11 said:

Is it? I agree it's a big game that, rivalry implications aside, will give the winner a big boost toward winning the MAC East crown, but losing tonight will not eliminate us or OU from contention.

I was thinking about this, and I think that the final game of the 2016 season was the biggest of Chuck's tenor thus far. We went into that game 5-6, and knowing that a win would make us bowl eligible and possibly get us into the MAC championship game. We needed Akron to beat OU that same night for it to happen. While we won, so too did OU sadly, so they got to represent the East in the championship as they had us in the tie breaker. But starting 0-6, and finishing 6-6 was historic, and I maintain that was Chuck's biggest game so far in his Miami career.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks we'll be in a position where a win will clinch the MAC East, and then that will be the biggest game of his Miami career.
    This one tonight feels bigger to me.  It's all personal opinion really.  
    AORedHawk33
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

redhawk11 said:

If we don't win tonight, there is little chance of Ohio losing 2 of their last 3 ( Akron, BG, WM).  If we win tonight, their is little chance of us losing 2 of the next 3 ( BG, Akron, BSU).  For all practical purposes, this is for the MAC East.
    AORedHawk33Bash_RiprockmollauttnaptownHawk
  • mpurdy22mpurdy22 Havighurstite
    It's the next game, so it is the BIGGEST game!  
    MHT_Meme_TeamScalper90skin
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

redhawk11 said:

If we don't win tonight, there is little chance of Ohio losing 2 of their last 3 ( Akron, BG, WM).  If we win tonight, their is little chance of us losing 2 of the next 3 ( BG, Akron, BSU).  For all practical purposes, this is for the MAC East.
    Yep...this one is for Detroit and a shot at a precious trophy.
    AORedHawk33
  • There is theoretically a scenario where Miami, Ohio, and Buffalo all end up tied at 6-2, at which point the division champion would most likely be decided by the conference record of our crossover opponents. A lot of stuff would have to happen to make that a reality though.
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    This is the biggest game because the rivalry and it would put us in the driver's seat in mid November. The game when we were 5-6 was big but we didn't control our own destiny. It was big for reasons other than the MAC title. That game was the "we're back" game for conference purposes.
    This game is getting hyped. National television. Only game in the country. MACtion. Two first place teams. Battle of the Bricks. Winner likely wins the East. I just hope Chuck is motivated despite not having a trophy on the line.
    edited November 2019
    I'll donate a brick if Chuck can not eff this up.

Hope Gabbert plays above his years and is healed up....RBs hold on to the ball and carve out some yards. 

Use the big WRs and TEs puhlease….no silly jet sweep fumble pitches.

And don't take points off the board tonight.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    Both teams will give all they have tonight. Hope Miami can run the ball. Putting the game all on a true freshman QB will not work.
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly

There is theoretically a scenario where Miami, Ohio, and Buffalo all end up tied at 6-2, at which point the division champion would most likely be decided by the conference record of our crossover opponents. A lot of stuff would have to happen to make that a reality though.

We both (Miami and OU) beat Buffalo.  Whoever wins the game tonight would win the 3-way tiebreaker because they would have head-to-head on everyone.
    MHT_Meme_TeamNescacdad
  • There is theoretically a scenario where Miami, Ohio, and Buffalo all end up tied at 6-2, at which point the division champion would most likely be decided by the conference record of our crossover opponents. A lot of stuff would have to happen to make that a reality though.

It would first go to head to head, with OU and Miami both beating buffalo, they would be eliminated. Then the winner of tonight would be MAC East champion.  
  • Yeah, I'm dumb
    MHT_Meme_Team
    edited November 2019

Don't look like this
    after the game, 

Chuck

Chuck Martin at a post-game press conference. After a win.

Nescacdad
  • skins said:

Don't look like this
    after the game, 

Chuck

Chuck Martin at a post-game press conference. After a win.

This was after a win though! 
    Re6H5wk
    edited November 2019

Ironic ;D

Come on Chuck, you can do it.

Nescacdad
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Need some guys to step up and game altering plays to win this game.

This will not be easy on the road against a 8 year MAC veteran QB. Make some plays, step up.
    skins
    Make plays. Do your assignment. Don't try to do others assignments. Play hard. Play disciplined. Minimize penalties. Play smart. Every game is the biggest game but OU isn't just any game!  BEAT OU!! 
    I'm cold blooded, ice in my veins, fire on my tongue!!

• How's everyone's productivity levels at work today?
    mollautt
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Apparently Godlevske will play tonight
    redhawk11AORedHawk33Bash_RiprockMHT_Meme_Teammpurdy22ChrisW1980NescacdadLove_and_Honor
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

redhawk11 said:

=>This is the MAC semifinals.
    Nescacdad
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019

How's everyone's productivity levels at work today?

Kciking names and taking ass

• mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum

How's everyone's productivity levels at work today?

=>Today? I have been shit for work since a week from last Saturday!

Bash_Riprock