Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Detroit bound?

2»

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Dave: given the last 5 year’s results I think it’s reasonable to expect some lack of confidence from the rabid fan base here. That said, I think the comments here were mostly positive, giving credit where due to both the players and coaches for playing hard and never giving up. The notable exception was that weird last offensive play where we had guys running in motion by the QB on a dive play or even perhaps should have been a knee taken. Probably offensive coordinator’s fault and not Chuck’s. Still, it was hard to fathom how that play was called when the only way we could lose was by fumbling (or having the subsequent punt blocked).

Plus, in the same situation, we screwed it up in the last minutes against NIU with a 3 point lead when we snapped the ball and hit the man in motion, but luckily fell on the ball for a 10 year loss.  The sad thing there is that our Offensive coordinator learned nothing from the bungled play against NIU and basically repeated the mistake.  Really no excuse for that. What is the benefit of experience if you don't learn from it? That is enough negativity, back to celebrating as I have been since the game ended.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch

If these chickens don't hatch, then what's the point? I know anything can happen, but if we can't beat a couple of disaster teams in the next two weeks, then we don't deserve to be FBS.
    I agree with this. Tough but fair. If we can't win either of the next two home games, RELEGATION!
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    "cold and empty Yeager" WHY? Be beyond sad if students and local alumni can't show up for both of these games. Afraid of a little cold weather? Give me a break. 
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    rexjack53 said:

"cold and empty Yeager" WHY? Be beyond sad if students and local alumni can't show up for both of these games. Afraid of a little cold weather? Give me a break. 

Unfortunately, that’s who we are. As someone who sat out in all kinds of weather to watch the Washington Huskies, I have always wondered why Miami’s fans are so fragile that a forecast of the possibility of showers keeps them from driving from Dayton, Hamilton snd the Cincy burbs and actual raindrops shrinks attendance to the hundreds.

Come on, man! We can do better than that!

digitalhawk
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum

Yep, if we get those chickens behind the cart they might not make it over the bridge to get into the basket.
    Bash_Riprockdave67thechuck_2112DICK
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

Yep, if we get those chickens behind the cart they might not make it over the bridge to get into the basket.
    Right on ol' timer!!   ;D
    skin66 said:

dave67 said:

skin66 said:

OOPS
    redbear18
  • Nescacdad said:

rexjack53 said:

Unfortunately, that’s who we are. As someone who sat out in all kinds of weather to watch the Washington Huskies, I have always wondered why Miami’s fans are so fragile that a forecast of the possibility of showers keeps them from driving from Dayton, Hamilton snd the Cincy burbs and actual raindrops shrinks attendance to the hundreds.

The flip side of me being able to catch 2/3 of a Miami game on ESPN after I get off of work in Orange County is that people who have to be at work at 8 AM in Dayton have a really good reason not to want to deal with getting home at 12:30 AM.
    NYCRedHawk
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

Re6H5wk said:

If these chickens don't hatch, then what's the point? I know anything can happen, but if we can't beat a couple of disaster teams in the next two weeks, then we don't deserve to be FBS.
    Wtf? Don’t deserve to be in FBS?? Cmon man
    BG's Sagarin rating is 166. Akron's is 202. There are only 130 FBS teams. Both of these games are at home. I'm not literally advocating dropping us to FCS if we don't beat them, but if we lose to a couple of teams ranked below many FCS schools, what would that say about us?
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    What did Toledo’s loss to BG say about them? it’s MACtion. Anything can happen
    Bash_RiprockDICKFraggleHawk
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

Yes. Anything can happen in the MAC. Akron is the only team that probably can't beat anyone

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    We need to really be ready to play vs. BG...if we are there is no reason we shouldn’t take care of business. That said, we MUST take BG seriously and be ready! I think Chuck will have the boys ready to play, tho. Hope I am right.
    skin66
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    The most encouraging stat going into the BG and Akron games is that since 2016 we're 14-4 in MAC games against teams that finished at or below .500 in conference (or are there today in the case of Kent and NIU), and three of those losses were during the disaster that was 2017. Doesn't mean we're safe, but for all of Chuck's issues most of them have come against good teams, not bad ones.
    Quinoaburger
  • rexjack53 said:

Early forecast for Tuesday night is 19 degrees at kickoff.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum

rexjack53 said:

That’s “take off your shirt and slap on the body paint” weather.

Seriously.
    profholt82Professor_Fatethechuck_2112Nescacdad
    redhawk11 said:

Yes. Anything can happen in the MAC. Akron is the only team that probably can't beat anyone

Ok, let me rephrase. If we lose to BG AND Akron, we should not be FBS.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    no SNOW or ICE . good football weather. But the cold will keep away today's students sadly. Hope I am wrong.

Is it Tuesday or Wednesday.. I looked at our schedule today on our website and I thought it said Wednesday.
  • rexjack53 said:

Good thing the game is on Wednesday night.
    redhawk11
    edited November 2019
    Yeah Wednesday forecast slightly better..high of 32 and low in lower 20’s with light winds. The key will be wind in terms of affecting the game...does BG throw a lot? We can rely on our run game with a few play action passes thrown in to keep BG off balance. Our RB’s can do some damage in the MAC when out in space.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Let's see if we can scratch the motion/sweep, NT fullback plays and beat the pumpkins into seeds.

Run it down their throats!
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

redhawk11 said:

Better... but still a dumb comment
    Bash_Riprock

Re6H5wk said:

redhawk11 said:

Better... but still a dumb comment
    You're probably right. Allow me to lower my expectations.
    digitalhawk
  • nyredhawknyredhawk Summer Orientee
    I agree that the last series of the game reminded me of the butt fumble game between my hometown Giants and the Herm Edwards Eagles. I don't understand why Gabbart ever handed the ball off rather than just take a knee. We've lost some oddball games under Chuck and I'm just happy this didn't turn into one of them. Hope we sweep the rest of the season and in Detroit to go 9-4 with a bowl game to look forward to.

I think Miami is on the rise but we still need better in-game coaching. We have horses and we just now need them prepared to win.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum

Nescacdad said:

rexjack53 said:

The flip side of me being able to catch 2/3 of a Miami game on ESPN after I get off of work in Orange County is that people who have to be at work at 8 AM in Dayton have a really good reason not to want to deal with getting home at 12:30 AM.
    Unfortunately, the weather phobia applies to home games that start a noon on Saturdays. And I drove 1:20 each way last Thursday to watch CCU and UL - left with 5 minutes left in the well-decided game and was home by midnight. And I didn’t even have a dog in the hunt. My opinion stands regarding our Miami fan base. It is nowhere close to as rabid as we imagine it to be and very fragile regarding travel and weather. I wish it weren’t but it is.

• digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    This will be the ultimate test for ESPN cameras to make the game not look like a closed scrimmage. Players only have so many games in their college careers - I feel bad that they have to play in this dreary format for the sake of a payday.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

This will be the ultimate test for ESPN cameras to make the game not look like a closed scrimmage. Players only have so many games in their college careers - I feel bad that they have to play in this dreary format for the sake of a payday.

I think the players prefer playing in front of 500,000 on tv and 3,000 in the stands over 4,000 on espn plus and 10,000 in the stands. At least that is what I have read previously.
    DICK