Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Victory Is Ours!!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited November 2019 in Football
WHAT A GREAT NIGHT! What a feeling! Going into Athens, beating OU, in the drivers seat for MAC East title! A great night to be a Miami fan!! LOVE AND HONOR!!
MHT_Meme_TeamIam4hawksmpurdy22muredhawks22NescacdadDICKNYCRedHawk

Comments

• mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>Yes, it was a GREST night Bruce!
    AORedHawk33redhawk11mattsledge
  • UptownWhilrlUptownWhilrl Off-Campus Slummer
    I have work tomarrow but man would I have loved to be across the state and relishing in the win with fellow Miami fans. What a tough team.
    dave67Bash_RiprockMHT_Meme_Teamkillgas20DICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Been a long time since I enjoyed that kind of Miami win..underdog...on the road...opponent’s stats are far superior but we find a way to win! That is how we used to take down P5 programs back in the 80’s and 90’s. Reminded me a little of the LSU upset I attended in Baton Rouge in 86. LSU had double the first downs and yardage but we made big stops, they missed a FG (like OU), and we had a big pass play for a long TD (kinda like the pass to Maye although not a TD).

Man, it felt good!
    AORedHawk33skinsNescacdadMowchDICK
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Isn’t this fun!
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    And there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth in Athens, Ohio last night. The Hocking River ran salty with bobkitty tears! And all was right across the land. 
    mollauttmpurdy22hawk5014NescacdadDICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    These last few years we have endured many a night in which the roles were reversed so no sympathy here for Kitten fans....it was about time we came away with a hard fought win when just maybe we weren’t the better team.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    I was wide awake until about 2 am last night. 10 days of anticipation culminating in a huge win that this program desperately needed. I'm really happy for the players on this team. They went through hell to start the season. As CM said in the post game, a lot of people wrote this team off and these kids had every opportunity to make excuses and feel sorry for themselves. But they kept grinding and believing in the process. Props to the coaches for keeping them in that mindset and preparing these kids every week. Now they're in the driver seat. Finish strong!
    mpurdy22AORedHawk33muredhawks22QuinoaburgerMowchDICKa26dave
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    These are not kids, they are young men. Team has showed a lot of guts all year. Under dogs in every FBS game but team is 5-4 and  1st in the MAC EAST.

Martin and staff deserve credit.

Take care of business at home the next 2 weeks and the team is heading to Detroit.

muredhawks22
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    It was a cool atmosphere last night for sure. OU had general admission seating so we could sit where ever we wanted. My wife and relatives were all on OU student side. My grand nephew is full ride f/b a OU so I didn't want to sit in middle of bunch of OU f/b parents in Miami red so first half sat in middle of OU section. Sat with football parents 2nd half.

Was kind of surprised that except for player's parents there weren't a lot of Miami red at the game. 

That said the OU students turned out in mass and made the game fun because they were loud and proud. 

These Maction games are gruesome. Lots of MU grads like me live in Columbus, about 1.5 hours away. Thought there might be few more Miami fans. That said the game was over about 11:20 and I got home about 1:50 am. For folks that have to be at work next day that's a lot to ask.

• dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    It's called Martin Magic! Embrace it.
    muredhawks22
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Cincykid3 said:

Been a long time since I enjoyed that kind of Miami win..underdog...on the road...opponent’s stats are far superior but we find a way to win! That is how we used to take down P5 programs back in the 80’s and 90’s. Reminded me a little of the LSU upset I attended in Baton Rouge in 86. LSU had double the first downs and yardage but we made big stops, they missed a FG (like OU), and we had a big pass play for a long TD (kinda like the pass to Maye although not a TD).

Man, it felt good!

I said before game need to win against the odds, it's year 6...so congrats to Martin for getting it done. 

Players really played hard and pretty clean effort.