Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Freshman QB Last Night

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Our freshman QB wasn't always pretty but he did do one huge thing-he didn't turn the ball over. And at the end of the night he had more passing yards than Rourke, and a higher average per attempt and average per completion. And when we needed it he made the big throws. But bottom line, no turnovers. And winning the turnover battle is always huge. So nice game QB!
FraggleHawkNescacdadskinsChrisW1980DICK

Comments

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Blues: Good points as always. I wish we’d have more quick slants so Gabberts could throw more quickly..perhaps we did but they were well covered. My only concern with him is his inability to scramble with any effectiveness...when the pocket breaks down he sorta gives himself up by not making a positive move...I am hoping that with experience his pocket presence will improve greatly over time.

Still, all in all, good job with no turnovers and some good throws. How big was the Sorensen catch on 3rd and 10 right after a sure TD pass was dropped?
    JCook32NescacdadDICK
  • fwhawkfwhawk Summer Orientee
    I agree. Gabbert played within himself. I was impressed with OU's coverage most of the game (the notable exception being the long pass). The DB was all over Sorenson on the TD. He just made an unbelievable play!
    DICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    I really believe we don’t win the game if Sorensen does not make that incredible circus catch. We would have settled for 3 and OU would have likely taken the lead at some point. I think it was huge that we never lost the lead...gave us confidence despite OU piling up the running yardage.
  • Our freshman QB led the team on a 5 minute drive that ended on a game-winning FG in the fourth quarter.  We gashed them on the ground, but he also completed two passes to sorenson. The second one put us just inside Sloman's range after a loss of 4 on the previous play.  He played with a lot of guts out there.
    NescacdadDICK
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    he can be great 
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Should've benched him!
    AORedHawk33
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum

Should've benched him!

I guess they didn’t get the memo that this is a ‘blah’ season
    DICKhawkattack06
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Our freshman QB wasn't always pretty but he did do one huge thing-he didn't turn the ball over. And at the end of the night he had more passing yards than Rourke, and a higher average per attempt and average per completion. And when we needed it he made the big throws. But bottom line, no turnovers. And winning the turnover battle is always huge. So nice game QB!

And he jumped on that damn ball at the end.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Greggie is still furious we took a QB in the 2019 class. God help us if Mayer or Williamson transfer.
    The_SackmanBash_RiprockMowchQuinoaburgerhawkattack06
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Greggie is still furious we took a QB in the 2019 class. God help us if Mayer or Williamson transfer.

LOL there are so many great takes here.
    Bash_Riprock
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Havighurstite
    I am darned proud of Gabbert and the rest of the team!  
    muredhawks22DICK