Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

20,589 last night at Pedon

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
edited November 2019 in Football
Announced attendance...not sure if quite that many were there but it was a heckuva crowd for a Wednesday night in November...great atmosphere and setting for the national telecast. Kudos to OU AD department and administration for putting the promotions together to fill the place up.

After all, it was nice that so many Bobcat fans could be treated to a Miami victory in person !

Comments

• Cincykid3 said:

Announced attendance...not sure if quite that many were there but it was a heckuva crowd for a Wednesday night in November...great atmosphere and setting for the national telecast. Kudos to OU AD department and administration for putting the promotions together to fill the place up.

After all, it was nice that so many Bobcat fans could be treated to a Miami victory in person !

About half of the students left when we scored to go up 21-14. presumably to hit the bars. 
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    crowd on  student side looked full on TV and seemed loud . Be nice if Miami has a good crowd  next week.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I would say that was an accurate attendance number.  Great student turnout and enthusiastic support.  I would say around 10:30 a lot of fans started leaving, probably had work on school on Thursday. 8:00 is a late start for a 3 and a half hour game.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    The Miami Student published a jumping on the bandwagon article today cheering Miami’s big win at Ohio and promoting the next two home games.
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Off-Campus Slummer
    It would be awesome if Miami could get 20k midweek. 
    OU’s atmosphere and attendance looked great on national TV. 

Tuesday games are the worst. (unless a bowl game of course)
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday games are fine, but the Tuesday games have to go.
    At least on a Wednesday, the school and work week is over 1/2 way done for most.
    No matter what you do, attendance will be mediocre on a Tuesday. Even many Power 5 schools would struggle with this.

Fill the house Miami! 
    Lock the gate! 
    Beat BGSU!
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Off-Campus Slummer

It would be awesome if Miami could get 20k midweek. 

OU’s atmosphere and attendance looked great on national TV. 

Tuesday games are the worst. (unless a bowl game of course)
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday games are fine, but the Tuesday games have to go.
    At least on a Wednesday, the school and work week is over 1/2 way done for most.
    No matter what you do, attendance will be mediocre on a Tuesday. Even many Power 5 schools would struggle with this.

Fill the house Miami! 
    Lock the gate! 
    Beat BGSU!
    Thursdays are best for me personally.  I have some other commitments on Wednesdays.  I am going to the game this coming Wednesday but I have to miss the 20th game.
  • vmijohnvmijohn Summer Orientee
    That BG game gonna be cooooooold. Bring your cardboard.
  • vmijohn said:

That BG game gonna be cooooooold. Bring your cardboard.

Eh, I'll be in Canada. Consider yourself lucky.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Maybe bring winter sleeping bags.  I did that once when we played CMU the last game of the year and there was about 10 inches of snow covering everything including the seats.  It was pretty comfortable.  You need a little more room, but that should not be a problem.....By good fortune, this will be my one game of the year sitting in the pressbox.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Many students (NOT ALL) left after they announced the winner of the free tuition between the 3rd and 4th quarters.
    Very impressive crowd. Fun atmosphere. Ohio lost, but they should be very proud of the crowd they were able to produce.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Many students (NOT ALL) left after they announced the winner of the free tuition between the 3rd and 4th quarters.
    Very impressive crowd. Fun atmosphere. Ohio lost, but they should be very proud of the crowd they were able to produce.

OU should never be proud of anything. Ever.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Someone tweeted they were giving out free tuition to a random student. If they did and then didn’t do it, that’s shitty
  • Huh? What makes you think they made it up? JT was an official contest from the athletic department. Free tuition for spring semester.

https://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20191024eij56t
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Someone tweeted they were giving out free tuition to a random student. If they did and then didn’t do it, that’s shitty

I just said many students left after they announced the winner.

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Spanks004 said:

I just said many students left after they announced the winner.

Winning team! Losing team (points at themselves)!
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    DICK said:

Maybe bring winter sleeping bags.  I did that once when we played CMU the last game of the year and there was about 10 inches of snow covering everything including the seats.  It was pretty comfortable.  You need a little more room, but that should not be a problem.....By good fortune, this will be my one game of the year sitting in the pressbox.

You'll be calling plays? More screens!