Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Dick, you might like this

Speaking of BG, pretty sure I was at this game.

70's mug shots are the best.

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Thanks for posting that.  I did attend that game, and probably have that program as I have hundreds of old programs. I graduated in 1972 ( took 5 years as I switched from business to education after year 2) and there are a bunch of guys on the Miami roster that I had classes with or played basketball against in Withrow.  Two great coaches in Bill Mallory and Don Nehlen.  I could probably tell stories about 9 or 10 people that I saw in that program.  John Wiggins was a Sidney grad and I saw him play a bunch of games in high school before we went to Miami.  Bob Hitchens used to stop by our tailgates and used to stop and visit in New Bremen when out recruiting, etc.  That was an undefeated 11-0 season, finished ranked 15th  with a Tangerine Bowl victory over Florida, and regular season wins over Purdue and South Carolina plus the MAC and UC.
  • Ron Zook is on the Miami roster.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Ron Zook is on the Miami roster.

He is one of my stories, but I can't tell that one here.
    dave67
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Ozark Range?
  • DICK said:

Ron Zook is on the Miami roster.

He is one of my stories, but I can't tell that one here.
    JohnnyMac and I talked to one of Zook's Miami teammates at the GoDaddy.com Bowl in Mobile. He said there's only one word to describe Ron Zook.... Crazy.
    JohnnyMac
  • mpurdy22mpurdy22 Havighurstite
    Old football programs are so cool!!
  • mpurdy22mpurdy22 Havighurstite
    Zook and Mallory.  Loudonville greats!  
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    BG had two separate radio teams both with 6-8 radio affiliates???
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    A youthful looking John McVay(jr). Sean's father?
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

A youthful looking John McVay(jr). Sean's father?

I am going to say uncle, if memory is correct.  I think John McVay Sr was a UD football head coach and then 49'ers GM in their hey dey.