Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Muncie game day forecast

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
Not too bad for this time of year...high of 43 Friday with ESE winds of 5-10 mph. Cloudy with slight chance of rain.

Comments

• rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    good football weather. Probably small crowd 
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Good. I still have to buy tickets! 
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Pack the house with Miami Red and White!
    I just saw Athlon’s pucks for all of this week’s games. All three of their prognosticators pick Ball State on Friday.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Nescacdad said:

I just saw Athlon’s pucks for all of this week’s games. All three of their prognosticators pick Ball State on Friday.

Just saw we're 2.5 point dogs. How are we not slightly favored in this game? Are they better than their 4-7 record?
  • Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

Just saw we're 2.5 point dogs. How are we not slightly favored in this game? Are they better than their 4-7 record?
    That, and we're probably worse than our 7-4 record.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

Have you seen our offensive numbers?

Ball St. is pretty good, and lost a ton of games by close margins including against Indiana and NC St. (not that Wolfpack are great, but still) this year.   Last three games lost by total of 8 points combined.

Miami barely beat Akron, who lost by 45 to OU in a two week period, I'm sure they books are thinking home field advantage is the difference.

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

I saw +3 which is just an overreaction from last week (also why I got OU at only -27.5 last night easy W). Make some money on the ML, I say. They blew their "bowl game" last week. 
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Either way it should be interesting, as on paper neither team has much to play for. BSU can't go bowling, and we probably don't want any key guys getting injured before Detroit.
    I think Vegas looked at the competitive games Ball St played at Indianapolis and Raleigh, and then looked at who we’ve beaten plus the OSU and Akron scores.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Trophy game!
  • aba222aba222 Off-Campus Slummer
    rexjack53 said:

Probably small crowd 

I’d take small over nonexistent.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Big offensive numbers get you attention and some games leads to blowout wins.  However, defense and special teams  and some timely offense have enabled us to win every close game this year.  4 MAC wins by 3 points and one by 7.  Take Miami on the moneyline.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Take Miami on the moneyline.

Already done! 

(loses by 20)

Ah well nevertheless!
  • DICK said:

Big offensive numbers get you attention and some games leads to blowout wins.  However, defense and special teams  and some timely offense have enabled us to win every close game this year.  4 MAC wins by 3 points and one by 7.  Take Miami on the moneyline.

Forgot who said it, but this always stuck with me: offense wins fans and defense wins games, but special teams win championships.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Where do timeouts fit in?

;)