Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Baseball Ranked #33

JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
They're the only MAC team to crack the top 35.

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2020/poll200203.html
Mowchkillgas20skin66redhawk11DICKChrisW1980

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Cool! Last year was the first in a while that we were any good, right? I assume we have a lot coming back?
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Cool! Last year was the first in a while that we were any good, right? I assume we have a lot coming back?

We've been good the past couple years. We landed some really highly rated JUCO kids though. A few won the JUCO world series last year.

I really want to go back and find the posts from Hayden being hired. A lot of people on here called it nepotism and said he'd flounder and only got it cause the stadium was named after his dad. He's got baseball Sunni coming back weekly to connect the old traditions with the current team and has been out-recruiting everyone in the area. Lots of crow to be eaten.
    agcRe6H5wkdave67TAW92
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Who are the JUCO guys? I see we return 8 of 9 position guys, and our freshman all american pitcher...adding some JUCO to that is very nice
  • RandyRandy Dodds God
    JiveHawk said:

Re6H5wk said:

We've been good the past couple years. We landed some really highly rated JUCO kids though. A few won the JUCO world series last year.

I really want to go back and find the posts from Hayden being hired. A lot of people on here called it nepotism and said he'd flounder and only got it cause the stadium was named after his dad. He's got baseball Sunni coming back weekly to connect the old traditions with the current team and has been out-recruiting everyone in the area. Lots of crow to be eaten.
    He can both be doing well and have gotten hired because his name is Hayden and the stadium is named after his Dad.

gentbaseball12thechuck_2112skinselpalito
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

Re6H5wk said:

In fairness there were a few rough seasons towards the start. I'm guessing the new facilities helped build the program steadily to the point it is now, let's win the damn MAC.
    gentbaseball12
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum

JiveHawk said:

Re6H5wk said:

In fairness there were a few rough seasons towards the start. I'm guessing the new facilities helped build the program steadily to the point it is now, let's win the damn MAC.
    I'm sure that synthetic turf field has been invaluable as well. Anyone can shag balls or practice fielding in some sweats...
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited February 4
    That's cool.....

When is Spring football?

;)

PS.  Nice to see though, as baseball is building some momentum, can't hurt with World Series Champ in the spotlight this year either.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

They're the only MAC team to crack the top 35.

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2020/poll200203.html

In looking through those rankings, I see that the Missouri Valley  one top 35 team, but I couldn't find it in looking at the teams. Who knew that Dallas Baptist was a Missouri Valley team?
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Senior Barfly
    Home opener February 21.  Definitely not possible without the field turf.

Also hosting a three game weekend series with Penn State March 12-14.  No idea what goes into baseball scheduling but hosting Big Ten type conference teams for a series never seems to happen,  home and home series are more the norm.  Penn State could be terrible I have not clue but they are a recognizable name from a major conference.  The last time it looks like it happened was 1986 hosting Michigan.
    Re6H5wk
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    PSU is OK out-of-conference. But they have been obliterated in the conference the last three years or so.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited February 4
    JiveHawk said:

Re6H5wk said:

The hiring would have been back on the old board, so I'm guessing that thread is long gone. I just went back and skimmed some of the older posts on this board from when we were in a rebuilding period. There was some teeth-gnashing, but not really any especially hot takes.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

JiveHawk said:

Re6H5wk said:

The hiring would have been back on the old board, so I'm guessing that thread is long gone. I just went back and skimmed some of the older posts on this board from when we were in a rebuilding period. There was some teeth-gnashing, but not really any especially hot takes.
    He should also probably win something before Denny Green crowns his ass.
    Professor_Fate
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Miami opens at Texas A&M for a three-game series next week. The Aggies are #21 (NCBWA poll) and #20 (D1BASEBALL.COM poll)
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    killgas20 said:
    They hate us cuz they ain't us
    Bash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

killgas20 said:
    They hate us cuz they ain't us
    They hate us cuz they anus?
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Not 33 after Aggies have their way.
  • JCook32JCook32 Dodds God
    Imagine what Texas AM would do to the 34th ranked team