Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

1999 Miami NCAA tournament video

I've been showing my kids classic NCAA games since there's no March Madness this year. Can't find Miami vs Utah or Washington from 1999. Anyone got a link to either game?

Comments

• Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    I have them both on VHS. Don’t ask me where those tapes are, though
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    I've been looking for those games, too.
  • RandyRandy Dodds God
    Was just talking about these games as well. Would love some 95 or 99 tourney games to watch!
  • RandyRandy Dodds God
    Maybe @voxredhawks could be of help?
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    I'm fairly certain the 1985 NCAA first round game vs Maryland is on YouTube. I still don't know how we lost that game.
  • JC5JC5 Summer Orientee

I'm fairly certain the 1985 NCAA first round game vs Maryland is on YouTube. I still don't know how we lost that game.

If you believe in jinxes, it was my fault. I was at the game with my mom and my sister and we were making plans to attend the next game with about 2 min left.
  • RandyRandy Dodds God
    Are there any publicly available Miami games (ideally wins) from 1999 or before?
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

If you want to do this to yourself:
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Oh I remember the end of this game ..not gonna watch it again!
    JC5 said:

If you believe in jinxes, it was my fault. I was at the game with my mom and my sister and we were making plans to attend the next game with about 2 min left.
    A lot of us were doing the same thing.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I found the overtime shot by Hornacek on you tube. I had never seen before. It was actually a much closer shot than I had believed- back then it probably felt super far but in reality it was only slightly deeper than an NBA three.
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Oh I remember the end of this game ..not gonna watch it again!

Still have the VHS tape of this game. Have never watched it.
  • Late90sGloryLate90sGlory Summer Orientee
    Someone from the athletic dept has to have this, right?

Someone from the athletic dept has to have this, right?

Probably. Someone who used to be on staff (those who know me can probably guess who) used to lend me some.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    I am dying for full game, ESPN broadcast versions of the following:

- 2007 MBB Championship Game vs. Akron
    - 2010 Hockey Elite 8 vs. Michigan
    - 2011 FB Championship Game vs. NIU

JUST IN CASE someone has digital versions of these.

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    That 2010 hockey game was one of the most exciting events I've ever attended.
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Would you like to sing 35 choruses of "Love & Honor" again, after those other people started to sing "The Victors"
    DICK
    2 in 22 against WMU would be pretty cool as well.
  • MowchMowch Senior Barfly

JC5 said:

A lot of us were doing the same thing.

What irks me the most is that in back-to-back, one possession, NCAA tourney games, Miami’s last shot was taken by Eric Newsome, not by All-American Ron Harper. Heck, Harper didn’t even get a chance to drive toward the hoop to draw defenders. Horrible.
    Bash_Riprockgrumpy1DICK
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Absolutely. Underrated because BC mauled us in the next round but man that was fun.
    edited March 2020
    yanksalex said:

I am dying for full game, ESPN broadcast versions of the following:

- 2007 MBB Championship Game vs. Akron
    - 2010 Hockey Elite 8 vs. Michigan
    - 2011 FB Championship Game vs. NIU

JUST IN CASE someone has digital versions of these.

I have the Akron and NIU games on VHS, which does neither of us much good.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Man it would've been fun to be a fan a lot earlier in Miami's history. Before last football season my best memories were the 2012 OU / 2014 UMass / 2016 Ball State for football, parts of Owens' first season for basketball, and the 2016 NCHC tourney for hockey. Not a great rap sheet.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

If you want to do this to yourself:
    So I watched this second half from the link. Thanks. It was something. Everyone is so close to the basket. The key looks so small. Nobody takes deep shots. Just weird to remember. It is really an even game. Harper looks amazing but it is a solid team. Miami crowd looks to be about 100 people (at least in the prized seats)
  • GeneGene Off-Campus Slummer
    My wife graduated from Butler and every season she can boast about them being a Top 25 team. How happy I would be if I could say, every year we would be a Top 40 team! Not sure it will ever happen as long as we have coaches the likes of Cooper and Owens. Changes must be made!
    Miami basketball Twitter "live tweeting" the Utah gane with clips:

https://twitter.com/MiamiOH_BBall/status/1250832096727388161?s=19
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    Great game plan by Charlie. 

Killed Utah on the pick-and-roll. Big game by John Estick

Charlie>Rick Majerus
    DICKMowchkillgas20