Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2025 Missouri?

09er09er Summer Orientee
Are we about to loose our 2025 home game against Missouri.  The Tigers recently signed up for a series with Kansas including a game in 2025.  They now have 5 non-conference games listed at FBSchedules

Comments

• 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    We will consult Brad Bates and find a pro stadium to host the largest collection of Miami fans in history.
    aba222yanksalexRenmancoAORedHawk33Love_and_HonorNickskin
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    09er said:

Are we about to loose our 2025 home game against Missouri.  The Tigers recently signed up for a series with Kansas including a game in 2025.  They now have 5 non-conference games listed at FBSchedules

I would think it is likely. Saylor has never really emphasized power 5 home games and probably would happily accept a Mizzou buy out coupled with a new away payday

I loved the Syracuse, Iowa and Northwestern home games- I didnt go to Vandy.

But they didnt sell out and the money difference gets worse every year.

Lets just make sure we dont turn it into an away game at Boise and Mizzou and away bb games at Mizzou for free like Bates pulled off
  • 96Skins96Skins Havighurstite
    I’d hope our leverage and subsequent contract status has improved since the advent of the playoff. Would also hope we could find a reasonable game in our recruiting footprint (which has grown over the years into the Carolinas and GA). Go after GA Tech, NC State, South Carolina, Vandy, NW, etc. - winnable that will pay $1M+ and get us good pub after a W.
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Off-Campus Slummer
    I love the home games against the power 5. I also love service academy series games. 
    Toledo and NIU bring in the Power 5. UC does this too. Fans love this. 
    There is a fine line between pay games and buying some good home games and Miami has not done well with this by giving them away.
    I hope Missouri at home does not disappear. 
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    It will be Missouri's call, whether or not they want to pay the large buy-out.

Saylor has stated, that he will not agree to push the date out and that they will have to pay the buyout.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    D_Day said:

Saylor has stated, that he will not agree to push the date out and that they will have to pay the buyout.

Yep, I believe he has told them to play on the correct date or pay us. Take their money. I do find it unusual that with most schools suffering financially they would want to pay. We could use like the cash.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

D_Day said:

Yep, I believe he has told them to play on the correct date or pay us. Take their money. I do find it unusual that with most schools suffering financially they would want to pay. We could use like the cash.
    If I recall correctly Mizzou athletics is one of the twenty or so in the nation that operate at a profit, or at least it was a few years ago when I read it. All that SEC money with no other in state FBS competition certainly helps.

My brother went to Mizzou, as did most of my closest friends from high school. I would absolutely love to host them in a few years, but I understand the reality of our financial situation.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    Hopefully the buyout is sufficient to avoid playing a buy game instead that year. We already have two away games scheduled in 2025 (Cincinnati and Liberty) and we have 3 away games scheduled in 2021, 22 and 23. 
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    I can't remember the exact amount, but I think that it is over 1million.
    D_Day said:

I can't remember the exact amount, but I think that it is over 1million.

It seems like that to me also.
  • greggie76greggie76 Off-Campus Slummer
    Missouri will never come here
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited June 15
    greggie76 said:

Missouri will never come here

Maybe not, but they have played at BG, UT, and Ball State.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    FBSchedules just released that we will play at Wisconsin in 2025 for 1.6 million. That means that our 2025 schedule as it stands is @Wisconsin, @Cincinnati, Missouri, @Liberty and that we will have 3 away OOC games in 2021, 22, 23 and 25. 
    redhawk11
    MooreHawk said:

FBSchedules just released that we will play at Wisconsin in 2025 for 1.6 million. That means that our 2025 schedule as it stands is @Wisconsin, @Cincinnati, Missouri, @Liberty and that we will have 3 away OOC games in 2021, 22, 23 and 25. 

What is the Vegas line on whether that’25 schedule will actually happen?
  • greggie76greggie76 Off-Campus Slummer
    And Missouri won't be coming here so who replaces them