Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Cancelling fan attendance at the Memorial a bad sign

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
The Memorial Golf tournament was postponed earlier this year and rescheduled for this weekend.  They had announced plans to be the first major sporting event in Ohio since ( I think) the quarterfinals day of the MAC women's basketball tournament.  They were planning on partial fan attendance.  Because of the jump in Covid numbers and because Franklin County is currently classified in Red and closing in on Purple, they are now playing the tournament without paying fans.

I would just say this is not a good sign for our hopes of being able to attend and watch Miami football games this fall.  Also, Butler County is one of the 7 counties classified Red ( mandatory Masks in certain situations).

Comments

• Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    We’ll see what happens, Dick. I agree with you, it doesn’t look good for attending Miami football this upcoming season. But let’s get thru the next couple months and see where we’re at.

As far as PGA golf goes, I’m loving not having fans drunkenly scream “get in the hole” or “baba-booee” on a tee shot for a 650 yard par 5. That’s gotten completely out of hand.