Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Tough schedule!!

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
I know we spent a lot of time talking about what a great schedule we had coming  this Fall.  Most were confident that we would finally get some nonleague D-1 wins.  In looking at the current top 25. UC is #14, Pitt is #21, and Army is #22.  UC and Army actually are playing Saturday....  We could have hosted two top 25 teams this Fall.
ChrisW1980

Comments

• 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Looks like a chuck Martin type slate. 0-fer
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    19go...just a friendly reminder...lot's of folks are happy he won the MAC last year. 

Just in case you forgot. 

Maybe save that business for if/when he has another bad season. 
    MacCracken
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    Those teams all benefit from the B10 and P12 not playing. Adding in those teams would push Pitt and Army out of the top 25 and UC probably down into the 20s. Still would have been a difficult schedule. 
    redhawk11Professor_Fate
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

I know we spent a lot of time talking about what a great schedule we had coming  this Fall.  Most were confident that we would finally get some nonleague D-1 wins.  In looking at the current top 25. UC is #14, Pitt is #21, and Army is #22.  UC and Army actually are playing Saturday....  We could have hosted two top 25 teams this Fall.

Aren't those the rankings without B10 & P12 in them?
    AORedHawk33Professor_Fate
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Pitt would’ve dropped out of the Top 25 after we beat them.
    redhawk11MowchJCook32muhawkprofholt82
  • Keep in mind that two of UC and Pitt's three wins were Austin Peay cupcakes. I wouldn't say they're definitively one of the Top 21 college football teams in the nation based on that, though they probably are pretty good. At least we would've had UAPB?
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Davearama said:

19go...just a friendly reminder...lot's of folks are happy he won the MAC last year. 

Just in case you forgot. 

I am thrilled we won the MAC last year. I’d love a non-conference win against an FBS opponent. Apologies if that’s asking too much.
    AORedHawk33
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    19goSkins said:

Davearama said:

Just in case you forgot. 

I am thrilled we won the MAC last year. I’d love a non-conference win against an FBS opponent. Apologies if that’s asking too much.
    Yes, this.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Saturday morning, listening to the Dari and Mel show on ESPN radio, they picked their Final Four.  Mel said Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.  Dari said Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Cincinnati !
    chitownhawk
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Saturday morning, listening to the Dari and Mel show on ESPN radio, they picked their Final Four.  Mel said Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.  Dari said Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Cincinnati !

If both teams were to go undefeated, Cincinnati would most likely have a better resume than Oklahoma (contingent upon which games get cancelled).
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

DICK said:

If both teams were to go undefeated, Cincinnati would most likely have a better resume than Oklahoma (contingent upon which games get cancelled).
    UC benefits by not having to play us. We would have kicked their asses this year!!
    skin66ChrisW1980MacCracken
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Easier said than done.