Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Sad News, RIP - dave67

D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
edited September 24 in General
Dave suffered a heart attack Tuesday at home.  

David Charles Miller
September 25, 1945 - September 22, 2020

David Charles Miller, age 74, of West Chester, Ohio passed away on Tuesday September 22, 2020 at his home.  He was born on September 25, 1945, in Newark, New Jersey the son of Charles and Edna (Fischer) Miller.  He graduated from Fairlawn High School in New Jersey and from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.  He received his Master's Degree from the University of Southern California and was employed by the U.S. Air Force as a Logistics and Maintenance Officer for 24 years, retiring in 1993.  On June 15, 1968 he married Lois Ziegler and together they raised two children, Erica and Scott.  David was a member of the Rotary Club of Beaver Creek, The Logistics Officers Association, the Miami Alumni Association and Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity.  Surviving David are his wife, Lois; two children, Erica Miller Huff and Scott (Cara) Miller; four grandchildren, Zachary Fields, Heather Huff, and Rylee and Logan Miller; one sister, Karen Miller; and many other loving relatives and friends.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

Visitation will be held at Charles C. Young Funeral Home, 4032 Hamilton Cleves Road, Ross, OH on Sunday, September 27, 2020 from 2:00 pm until the time of the funeral service at 4:00 pm.

Online condolences may be made at www.charlesyoungfuneralhome.com.

Comments

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Oh no
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Ah crap. Just got to know him at the bowl game. My thoughts go out to Mrs Dave. He will be missed.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Wow, terribly sad.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    So sad. RIP Dave.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Very sorry to hear this...RIP, Dave.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Thanks for sharing, d_day.  
  • FredFred Dodds God
    edited September 25
    Sad news. Dave was a very nice guy and loyal Miamian.  It was always good to see him around Oxford with his wife Lois.
  • RIP Dave
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    RIP Dave. You will be missed. 
  • HawksVoxHawksVox Summer Orientee
    Very sad to hear this. A good Miamian.
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited September 24
    RIP Dave!  Met him years ago.  Very good guy.  LOVE AND HONOR!!!

• ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Havighurstite
    I'm very sorry to hear this news.  Saw Dave at a lot of Miami sporting events, including last fall's football games.  He was a great guy.  My condolences to Lois and his family.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited September 25
    Terrible news.  This will be really tough for Lois.  Dave was a big Miami fan, I think he loved hockey and football the most.  Anytime I would see him he was always enthusiastic and fun to be around.  He often showed his sense of humor here on Hawktalk.  We will miss you here.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I met Dave a few years ago. Sorry to hear of his passing. Love and Honor to a loyal Miamian and Hawktalker.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    That’s terrible. RIP Dave.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Ugh. Never met the guy and I feel like I lost a friend. Rest In Peace.
  • Oh no. This is awful. RIP Dave.
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    My condolences.  RIP.
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    RIP Dave
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Very sad news. Condolences to the family.
  • Will miss his one-liners around here.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    So sad to hear this. Never met him, but a great Miamian and wonderful contributor to this board.
  • Redskin81Redskin81 Summer Orientee
    R.I.P. Dave - You will be missed around Oxford and on this board. Condolences to his family!!
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    Sosorry to hear this.  Dave’s posts always made me smile. 
  • FraggleHawkFraggleHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    He will be missed but not forgotten. Loved his humor and humility.
  • Sincerest condolences to his wife and family
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Just a few facts about Dave and his Miami connections:

Dave's father was Miami Class of 1937 and wife Lois' father was also Miami Class of 1937.
    The 2 fathers crossed paths at Miami - see  

Dave's son is Miami class of 1997 and Dave's grandson graduated from Miami a couple of years ago.

Also, for several years Dave ran the Cincinnati chapter of the Miami Alumni Association.

He will be missed.
    skin66DICKLove_and_HonorQuinoaburgerJohnnyMacRedseaRedskin81BoarsHeadHeroBash_Riprockmollautt
  • Made this thread a sticky so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
    FraggleHawk
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I didn’t participate in it, but I know Dave did. How about as a tribute naming the Word Association thread after him? He was the king of the one-liner around here.
    QuinoaburgerD_DayRedseaLove_and_HonorFraggleHawkRedskin81skin66
  • Done.