Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

UC vs ARMY - who do you root for?

JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
My math equation listed below...

Miami Undergraduate Degree + played football = HATE UC
UC Graduate Degree = follow UC FB and BB + root for UC EXCEPT against MAC schools
Daughter USAFA Cadet = love all service academies

ARMY + UC = HATE UC 

GO ARMY! Beat UC! (Go USAFA! Beat ARMY! BEAT NAVY!)

I’m so psyched for some MACTION this year!
Good luck MIAMI in the season.
Scalper

Comments

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Um, Army. ???
    AORedHawk33
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Come on man-Go Army.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Maybe short of Isis fielding a team, I will never root for UC against anyone in anything.
    D_DayThe_Sackmanredhawk11DICKAORedHawk33Love_and_Honor90skinScalper
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Being a Cincy native and growing up a bit of a UC fan in my youth I don’t quite have the hate for UC that many in the board do (except when they are playing us), but this is an easy one...go Army!
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    A tie, if they still ended games that way, would do the most damage to the aspirations of both teams.

As a sophomore in HS, I went up to West Point to watch Army beat Utah. William Carpenter, Army's "Lonely End" later was to inducted into the College FB Hall of Fame. Not only did he star on the gridiron, he also served thereafter for many years in the Army rising to the rank of Brigadier General.

Go Army....it gets down to class winning.
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    Army!
  • a26davea26dave Havighurstite
    Army, of course
  • America! F@$& Yeah!
    Quinoaburger
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    I read somewhere that Fickell funds terrorism. 
    Quinoaburger
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Support the troops
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    #GoMilitary

Army by 35
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    We will be paying UC Med School for the rest of our lives, so they get enough support from me already. Go Black Knights!
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • 90skin90skin Wealthy Alum
    Army.
  • Army leads 7-3, after 1st quarter
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    When is the last time UC beat a legit P5 team?
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    MUHawk84 said:

When is the last time UC beat a legit P5 team?

Over the past two seasons they have wins over UCLA x2, Virginia Tech, and Boston College.
    I said legit...
    Maybe VA Tech...unfortunately FBS Schedules doesn’t show the ranking of teams...
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited September 26
    Army but in a close game so people don’t discount the quality of the Miami UC rivalry. It just occurred to me that we could renew that rivalry in a bowl game this season. That would be weird!
    UC wins 24-10. Bummer.
    P. Ss. I sure would have liked to see us play both of these teams this year! Oh well....I still feel really good about our chances to win the MAC again this year, especially with the news that Rugamba and our two all MAC linemen are now gonna play.
  • greggie76greggie76 Off-Campus Slummer
    F Uc go army
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    MUHawk84 said:

I said legit...

It has been 5 years since Cincinnati beat a power conference team that finished with a winning record. That was Miami (FL) who finished 8-5.
    On the other hand, its been 22 years since we last beat a power conference team that finished the season with a winning record.  That was North Carolina who finished 7-5.
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    Ugh.
    MUHawk84