Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC football Saturday

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
Ball State up 17-zip on Rockets early in second quarter.

Comments

• Jarret Patterson has 206 rushing yards with 9:46 left in the second quarter.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    OU destroying hapless BG....UB and Kent in a good battle.
  • Jarret Patterson has 206 rushing yards with 9:46 left in the second quarter.

Halftime stats: 18 carries, 267 yards, 5 TDs

The all-time FBS single game records are 427 yards and 8 TDs.
  • 10:01 left in the 3rd quarter.

24 carries, 297 yards, 6 TDs.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2020
    Bowling Green's basketball team might give up fewer ppg this season than their football team.
  • 10:01 left in the 3rd quarter.

Let him play the 4th. Records are meant to be broken and the MAC needs to brag about something this year
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Bowling Green's basketball team might give up fewer ppg this season than their football team.

I think Akron has passed BG.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2020

10:01 left in the 3rd quarter.

Let him play the 4th. Records are meant to be broken and the MAC needs to brag about something this year

They've dramatically eased up his workload the past two drives.

12:27 remaining:
    29 carries, 319 yards, 7 TDs

Their #2 RB Marks also has 14 carries, 78 yards, and a TD
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    When is the last time a 0-5 team won at The Big House? I’m guessing never.
  • He just broke another big run for a TD.

32 carries, 385 yards, 8 TDs

There's 7:44 still on clock and Kent plays super fast, so he could very realistically break both the yardage and touchdown records if Leipold gives him the chance.
  • JohnnyMac said:

When is the last time a 0-5 team won at The Big House? I’m guessing never.

Toledo was 1-4 when they won there in 2008, but I'm struggling to think of any other examples off the top of my head.

He just broke another big run for a TD.

32 carries, 385 yards, 8 TDs

There's 7:44 still on clock and Kent plays super fast, so he could very realistically break both the yardage and touchdown records if Leipold gives him the chance.
    This is crazy.
    edited November 2020
    Patterson clears 400 yards...

...and they take him out.
    Unbelievable. They take the guy out 25 yards from setting both records. What a colossal fuck up by the Buffalo coaching staff
    JohnnyMac said:

Unbelievable. They take the guy out 25 yards from setting both records. What a colossal fuck up by the Buffalo coaching staff

Normally I'm like, it's a blow-out. No need to run up the score. But you've got to leave him in here, right?
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    WTF? UB coaches are idiots.
    Re6H5wk said:

JohnnyMac said:

Normally I'm like, it's a blow-out. No need to run up the score. But you've got to leave him in here, right?
    When you are Buffalo and you can take one record away from Oklahoma and another record away from Illinois, you do it.

• We're still the only team to beat Ball St. this season.

We're still the only team to beat Ball St. this season.

I petition they and UB swap divisions.
  • Has anyone ever seen Lance Leipold and Kevin Cash in a room at the same time?
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    OU, fresh off faking COVID to avoid getting their shit-kicked by us, scored a bare-assed touchdown today which is a very MACtion thing to happen in a game.

OU, fresh off faking COVID to avoid getting their shit-kicked by us, scored a bare-assed touchdown today which is a very MACtion thing to happen in a game.

Wait. What happened today?
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

QB scored with a full moon. 
    So OU’s QB literally made an ass out of himself? That makes sense.

Re6H5wk said:

QB scored with a full moon. 
    This is incredible.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Buffalo Coach said after game he wasn’t aware how close Patterson was to rushing record.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Not his job, someone on staff, program should be giving him that info..
    skins said:

Not his job, someone on staff, program should be giving him that info..

Exactly. His job is to win and look out for his players, not keep stats. Someone should have alerted him, though. But if he didn't know, why did he have Patterson in on that drive at all? Game was over.
    Maybe he’s just a jerk.

“I’m going to run it up and keep running you into the ground. But I’m also going to pull you just before you get a chance to make NCAA history.”
  • I think he kept him in to get 400 yards, correct? He could've been aware of that without knowing the record.