Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Updates ESPN bowl projections

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
In today’s update the MAC teams projected in bowls include: Buffalo, WMU, CMU, and Kent. No Miami nor OU.

Comments

• D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Jerry Palm has us in Boca Raton against Western Ky
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2020
    Beat Kent, problem solved.

Not sure if there are any sudden solutions to WR and RB, but that's what we'll need, if there are bowls.

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Exactly!
  • mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    Instead of projecting who will play in what bowl game, they should be projecting how many bowl games will actually be played.
    About a half dozen have already been canceled.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Miami in a bowl. But this season is BS, and if we don't, I won't exactly be heartbroken. Hope for the players' sake they get one, though.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    I’ll be surprised if there are bowls.
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Senior Barfly
    Bowl game executives are some of the most self serving people in sports.  As long as teams are willing to play and local restrictions don't prevent it there will be games.
  • hawklbackerhawklbacker Havighurstite
    Bowl game executives are some of the most self serving people in sports.  As long as teams are willing to buy the ticket allotments and local restrictions don't prevent it there will be games.
    fixed that for you .... completely agree with you about self serving
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    According to ESPN, 8 bowls have already been cancelled - eliminating slots for 16 teams, including at least two MAC slots.This week’s game with Kent is a bowl elimination game - loser out.
    edited December 2020
    Sun Bowl just canceled due to COVID in Texas....had been run continuously since 1935 until now...as many here probably are aware Miami played in the Sun Bowl in 1948 and beat Texas Tech 13-12. Our star running back was Ara Parseghian and Miami finished undefeated that season.