Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

NBA 2020-2021

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
Teams are about to start camp.  LeBron just signed a 2 year extension with the Lakers, through the 22-23 season.  Locally, Drummond just picked up his $28 million option with the Cavs.  I am wondering if the Cavs could actually contend for a playoff spot.  That hasn't happened for 20 years or so without Le'Bron on the roster.  Drummond is an above average NBA starting center, and the Cavs played better at the end of the year after he came over from Detroit.  I guess a lot depends on how quickly the two young starting guards become NBA stalwarts.

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    The Cavs are not contending for a playoff spot.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Well, you watch them a lot more than I do, since LeBron moved on... How do you see the progress of the young guards.
    DICK said:

Well, you watch them a lot more than I do, since LeBron moved on... How do you see the progress of the young guards.
    They need to be a lot better than they have been!

Until they stop being the worst defense in NBA history the last two years running (Okoro will help a lot but not that much), it's hard to see them winning more than 1/3 of their games. Nor should they as next year's class is loaded with wings which we lack very, VERY much.
    Hey! The Cavs aren't half bad!
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum

So you're saying the Cavs are only 49 percent bad?

Bump for Collin Sexton destroying the Nets last night. What a performance. It took awhile but you can finally see the direction the Cavs are going on and I like it.
    Professor_FateRe6H5wkDICK