Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Championship games

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
Buffalo-Ball State game tonight on ESPN. Looks like the Sun Belt championship game has been canceled due to COVID outbreak.

Comments

• skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Think I'll watch some of this one
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Skins, for what I have read, the two MACC participants will be the only ones bowling from the MAC.

I see Buffalo winning but BSU has a good QB and are an entertaining team to watch...could be high scoring game.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    I feel like there have been plenty of upsets in the MACC over the last decade, and I'm not just referring to Miami.
  • Over/Under on the Buffalo running back yards rushing tonight I'm putting at 175 yards.  
    Cincykid3 said:

Skins, for what I have read, the two MACC participants will be the only ones bowling from the MAC.

I see Buffalo winning but BSU has a good QB and are an entertaining team to watch...could be high scoring game.

Yeah...I'm interested.

• NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    So how strange is this? Ball State makes it to the conference title gsme snd it’s top running back opts out for the rest of the season to “prepare for the NFL draft.” Seriously?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30513992/ball-state-cardinals-top-running-back-caleb-huntley-opts-mac-title-game
    Well that sucks for BSU.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2020
    I get opting out of bowl games (not a fan of it, but I get it) but opting out of the conference title game? That seems like it defeats the purpose of playing the season, especially when your school hasn’t won a conference title since 1996.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    He missed the last three games with injury so it makes a bit more sense if he didn't want to push himself too hard and risk making it worse.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Journalistic malpractice that the article didn’t mention that.
    MooreHawk said:

He missed the last three games with injury so it makes a bit more sense if he didn't want to push himself too hard and risk making it worse.

• skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Perhaps he was concerned about a reoccurrence of whatever injury kept him from the past three games, or else he’s just selfish.
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum

Over/Under on the Buffalo running back yards rushing tonight I'm putting at 175 yards.  

I think higher. 250ish

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

Over/Under on the Buffalo running back yards rushing tonight I'm putting at 175 yards.  

Which one? I think the backup is pretty darn good and actually did better vs us
    Marks ran wild on us I think...

Patterson however in for 6 already.

Nice of Ford Field to paint the schools' names and MAC logo on the field...
  • After throwing 5 interceptions in their last game, Marshall's QB went 0/7 in the first quarter tonight.

After throwing 5 interceptions in their last game, Marshall's QB went 0/7 in the first quarter tonight.

You just hate to see it.
    Re6H5wk said:

After throwing 5 interceptions in their last game, Marshall's QB went 0/7 in the first quarter tonight.

You just hate to see it.
    Yep

• bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    I don’t think that was a TD for cards
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Dang that was a fast Bulls response
  • After throwing 5 interceptions in their last game, Marshall's QB went 0/7 in the first quarter tonight.

After starting 0/10 they benched him and put the backup in. The backup threw an interception on his first pass. As a team, they're 0/11 at the half.
    Buffalo can score with the best of them, but their D has looked suspect at points this season.
    Cards really putting the points on the board..only way to stay w the Bulls.
    Our win over BSU was a solid win over a very good team.
    BSU w 35 points at the half! Wow!
    Damn Cards ....playing.

Marshall w only 3 first downs at the half and outgained something like 283 yards to 80 but only down 9-0 to UAB.
    Is it in the Cards?
  • greggie76greggie76 Senior Barfly
    If we hadn't dropped alot passes in Buffalo game would won would we be in championship game with the games that where canceled
    greggie76 said:

If we hadn't dropped alot passes in Buffalo game would won would we be in championship game with the games that where canceled

We were sloppy for sure, but they beat us by 32. They're the better team.