Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Thoughts?

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum

Schilling? Bonds?...

Comments

• Omar Vizquel

The only way Bonds should get into the Hall of Fame is as a paying customer. And who’s ballot is this including Clemens?
  • Ballot looks good to me. I go back and forth on Vizquel.
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Senior Barfly
    The ballot belongs to C. Trent and he posts a pretty lengthy thread on Twitter. https://twitter.com/ctrent ;

He usually posts his ballot and talks about his rational.  Agree or not I like that he does this and he seems to put a lot of thought into it.

PED's aside he draws a weird line between Sheffield and Sosa when they have nearly identical career numbers.

MooreHawk
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Can't see the image.  But imo, Bonds should be in, Schilling should not.  Schilling is a borderline candidate to me.  And Vizquel can buy a ticket to see Bonds' bust.   
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2020
    No love for Latroy Hawkins?!?!?!?!?
  • Huge snubs of Michael Cuddyer and Torii Hunter.
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Off-Campus Slummer
    Eddie,  I like the picks.   I would vote for Scott Rolen, but admit he could be considered not quite HOF material.  
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2020
    I was thinking Torii Hunter as well...it's a hard sell, but feels right
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    edited December 2020

Omar Vizquel

The only way Bonds should get into the Hall of Fame is as a paying customer. And who’s ballot is this including Clemens?

Totally agree. He was the glue on that team. Fielding a given, but a lot of clutch hits.

Professor_Fate
  • MazMaz Senior Barfly
    Is there a baseball reason not to select Schilling?
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Maz said:

Is there a baseball reason not to select Schilling?

I always thought he was very good, not hof.  and i think the bloody sock was fake. 
    The_Sackman
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Omar Vizquel

Totally agree. He was the glue on that team. Fielding a given, but a lot of clutch hits.

His clutch hits are now allegedly saved for his wife...allegedly. 
    redhawk11
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    I would have voted for an old Mariners clubhouse buddy - Omar Vizquel - a Venezuelan superstar!
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

Omar Vizquel

His clutch hits are now allegedly saved for his wife...allegedly. 
    I'd scold you, but he kind of set you up for that.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    My vote would include Barry Bonds, Roger Clemons, Sammy Sosa, Manny Ramirez, Omar Vizquel, and Torii Hunter, ln that order.
    redhawk11elpalito