Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Columbus Blue Jackets 2021 Season

PLD signs for 2 years at $10M total.  Good for him. 

PLD, Jones, and Z are all up for new contracts at the same time though.  So.... that will be an angst-y off season. 

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    I have NO IDEA where these "trade demand/request" rumors came from, then he signs like an hour later, and now Porty and Pierre LeBrun are like "but is the relationship over". I mean, we're really hopping all over the Office Space Jump To Conclusions board here.

He's not going anywhere because he can't and if he wanted to go somewhere else, he would've signed an offer sheet. It's done. He's our 1C and we'll do the RFA thing again in 2 years.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    oh, Porty is garbage and likes to report rumors that he creates.  Ever since the Dubinsky 'potentially career ending substance abuse' item that he didn't even bother apologizing for. 

The only thing about 2 years from now is that Jarmo has shown himself to be not great at negotiating with those on the cusp of big deals.  He plays hardball when he doesn't have to.  Jones, Z, PLD, and Elvis will be up for new deals in 2 years (Korpi should be traded by then).  If he keeps 2 of the 4, that's par.  I'd be happy if he kept 3, but I wouldn't be shocked if he trades two. 
    Also forgot that Domi is only on 2 years left.   Jarmo may be active at the trade deadline next year!
    New deal for Bjorkstrand.  5 years sounds good -- he and PLD are the only consistent offensive threats on the team, though hopefully Domi can add to that.
    The_Sackman
    elpalito said:

New deal for Bjorkstrand.  5 years sounds good -- he and PLD are the only consistent offensive threats on the team, though hopefully Domi can add to that.

Love it. I'm also not concerned about PLD. First time he's ever been courted and it probably messed with him a bit. He'll be ready to hoist the Cup.
    I'm not posting in the cannon anymore, but it's fun to see how quickly some label PLD a 'malcontent'. 
    Torts isn't big on the taking the high road, eh?  Silly. 

I need to win mega millions so I can buy the team. 
    JiveHawk
    elpalito said:

Torts isn't big on the taking the high road, eh?  Silly. 

I need to win mega millions so I can buy the team. 
    Because he said that he doesn't know why PLD wants out? No one does.
    JiveHawk
    Not the quote I read.  So perhaps I should reconsider my sources. 

I still want to win the lottery and buy the team. 
    It's just one game, but Anderson looked like Anderson against the Leafs.  I'm sure Domi will be fine -- but I really enjoyed watching Anderson play. 
    elpalito said:

It's just one game, but Anderson looked like Anderson against the Leafs.  I'm sure Domi will be fine -- but I really enjoyed watching Anderson play. 

He should've scored more than one goal last year then!
    elpalito
    Nice shitty start.
    Maybe it was just Game 1 lethargy..if that's a thing. 
    Maybe two games with Detroit changes my attitude but I'm starting to get 2015 feelings and I don't care for those.
    It's probably all PLD and covid's fault.
    National TV noon game with the Red Wings today...OH LA DEE DAH!

I will remind them that they are little brother and Fred S is forever a loser (also Johnny Mac is our b-word) even though this team is inspiring zero confidence right now.
    skins
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    What was your record for most losses to start a season a few years ago? Eight?
    after 8 is when Richards was fired.  Don't recall if Torts won his first game after that or not. 

Between the offseason moves and the start of this year, I don't get the sense that this franchise has a concrete direction it wants to go in.
    JohnnyMac said:

Since March 17, 2011, the Jackets are 22-4-2 versus Detroit and 12-1-0 since 2016-17. 
    Professor_Fate

JohnnyMac said:

Since March 17, 2011, the Jackets are 22-4-2 versus Detroit and 12-1-0 since 2016-17. 
    Ah, yes, the glory years for the BJs.

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

Ah, yes, the glory years for the BJs.

You sound like a Miami Football fan talking to a UC--shit. That hurts on many levels.
    elpalito
    Korpisalo has more points than Atkinson.  lol
    Well, good to see Texier has his scoring touch.  Still waiting for Atkinson to come out of quarantine, I guess. 

JohnnyMac said:

THIS NEEDS UPDATED!

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

THIS NEEDS UPDATED!

Hang a banner.
    I know Torts won't back down from a pissing match with anyone but... it is usually easier to win games when you play your best center. 
    That comment was before I saw his last shift.   Whew.  Jarmo needs to pull the trigger on one of the 'good offers' some teams have already made. 
    elpalito said:

That comment was before I saw his last shift.   Whew.  Jarmo needs to pull the trigger on one of the 'good offers' some teams have already made. 

Yep he's got to go immediately. Fuck PLD. That was some bullshit that puts him at the same level of human garbage as Jeff Carter and Adam Foote. 
    Roslovic and Laine? Seems like a steal for the BJs.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

Roslovic and Laine? Seems like a steal for the BJs.

Hers the press release. Monster trade! Pierre didn’t like Columbus? Enjoy Winnipeg

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/cbj-acquire-laine-roslovic-from-winnipeg-in-exchange-for-dubois/c-320615078