Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami 50 Marshall 0

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
You'll enjoy this vintage 1975 video. Liver was served at halftime.

Comments

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Thanks, Eddie! I did enjoy it..and I attended that game during my sophomore year.
    EDDIE
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Thanks, Eddie! I did enjoy it..and I attended that game during my sophomore year.

I believe my dad was a junior.
  • socalhawksocalhawk Wealthy Alum
    Backfield of Smith, Walker and Carpenter was a 3 headed monster that caused nightmares for every DC we faced that year
    RedseaDICK
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I was there.  Notice that after Randy Walker's TD they showed a shot of the Troy hs marching band ( Randy's alma mater) as it was band day.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I do love these. I would say I was surprised how many empty seats there were. The student side looked half full including at least our band. This team had finished the previous year ranked 10th in the country
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Omar Williams was both the voice of the RedHawks and the director of the Ch 2 sports department.  I am pretty sure that was Ch 2 footage played on their 6:00 and/or 11:00 news that day.
    RedSea: yes, even then w a top 20 team we didn’t always have sellouts. Marshall was pretty terrible back then and it was not a big game at all for us at the time. For most other games that year the student side was full.
    Redsea
  • I was there, too.  A 12-year old Redskins fan who always went to Band Day (I was usually raking leaves on Saturdays later in the season).  My parents had season tickets about halfway up the middle section for over 40 years...first at Miami Field and then at Yager.  Also, nice to see the window of my Freshman room at Reid Hall...up on the 3rd floor overlooking the stadium. 
    MowchDICK
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    They should have run up the score.

Yeah I said (typed) it.
  • olafolaf Dodds God
    I agree. I hope Coach had these guys running sprints after the game for their failure to hit 60
    Wonder if we even threw 5 passes the entire game.