Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2021 Season

killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
Open the season at Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Fl for 3 games on Friday 2/19, Saturday 2/20, & Sunday 2/21 at 6:00 PM, 2:00 PM, and 1:00 PM, respectively.  Games will be streamed on YouTube at JUDolpins1 channel.  

Comments

• NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Game 1 postponed due to rain. Double header scheduled for Saturday with first game at 1:30, I believe.
    edited February 20
    Nice start for the RedHawks. Hawks win game by the score of 4-1 as Bachman goes five, giving up 3 hits and striking out 6 - giving up just 1walk.

RedHawks score 4 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th to pull out a come-from-behind 8-4 win in the nightcap.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Great start!
  • RedHawks complete the sweep of the Dolphins winning 5-2 in game three.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    5 games this week: Tuesday at Kentucky and four this weekend at FIU.
    Good effort at Kentucky. Watched on SEC Network. Got lit up for four in the first, then settled in and held them to one run the rest of the way. Left too many men on base (10) and a lot of them in the last four innings - got two runners picked off in key situations. Only outhit 8-7.
    edited February 27
    After a tough late inning 3-1 loss last night the boys found the bats today. 20-1 RedHawks in bottom of the the 8th. 4-2 on the season. I think that might be the most single game runs since we put of 26 in a tournament game once against Quinnipiac.
    Nescacdad said:

After a tough late inning 3-1 loss last night the boys found the bats today. 20-1 RedHawks in bottom of the the 8th. 4-2 on the season. I think that might be the most single game runs since we put of 26 in a tournament game once against Quinnipiac.

We actually won that tournament game 35-8.
    I def underestimated the total. We finished with 21 today. Second game of twin bill about to start.
    Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

• D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

What I found funny about that win, was that it set the all time NCAA tournament record for margin of victory, only to have Ohio State lose by a larger margin a few years later!
    D_Day said:

Re6H5wk said:

Nescacdad said:

What I found funny about that win, was that it set the all time NCAA tournament record for margin of victory, only to have Ohio State lose by a larger margin a few years later!
    Ha, wasn't aware of that!
    Lost the nightcap 8-4 yesterday. Need to even the series today.
    RedHawks score 4 in the top of the ninth Sunday to take it to extra frames. Tied a 6 in the 10th. Lots of heart in this club!
    RedHawks put up a 9 spot in the top of the 10th to take the series tying game 15-6. They trailed 6-2 heading into the 9th. Could be a fun season.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Wow that's amazing
    I'm digging this start to the season!
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Interesting scores this past weekend...feast or famine :-)
    Right place at the wrong time: Miami is playing a three-game round robin at Coastal this weekend and it looks like the weather will accommodate it. The Coastal ball park is just a little more than an hour from my house. But Coastal’s protocol is strictly limiting tickets and I have a twice postponed commitment in Winston-Salem. This one goes on the missed opportunity list!
    Lost the Meatloaf portion this past weekend at Conway, SC.  Lost to UConn and Coastal Carolina, but beat Davidson on Sunday.

Play at Memphis this weekend before starting MAC play the following weekend.
    Memphis looks like a winnable series.
  • MowchMowch Senior Barfly
    Wonder why Bachman didn't see the mound?
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Hasn't pitched in 10 days (8 days between games). Assume we'll see him vs. Memphis (if he's healthy).
    Took 3 out of 4 this past weekend against Toledo.  3-1 in MAC play.  Take on NIU at home this coming weekend for a 4 game stint.

Interestingly, there are no other mid-week non-conference games scheduled.  However, we do have a random 3 game series in May at WVU over a weekend.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Are fans allowed at Miami baseball games this season?
    Will try to finish off a sweep of NIU tomorrow. Miami is now 13-8 (6-1).
  • Joe_NJoe_N Summer Orientee
    The whole season is the tournament this year. Glad we are off to a good start.
    Joe_N said:

What does this mean? Whoever finishes with the best record gets the auto bid?
    Took 3 out of 4 against NIU.  Play next weekend up at EMU.
    Joe_N said:

What does this mean? Whoever finishes with the best record gets the auto bid?
    Couldn't find it on the MAC page, but found it here:

No MAC Tournament this year...regular season winner gets the auto bid.
    Thanks