Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

The game against Akron has been cancelled.

Comments

• EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Oh well.

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited March 4
    The BG-Ohio cancellation is because of Ohio. Miami said on twitter that they're continuing to prepare for the conference tournament, so I hope it's an issue with Akron.
    Akron is yet to put anything out, which makes me think they're waiting to assess their plans for the conference tournament before they say anything.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    This means Miami finishes with a winning season!! And first time since 2006 that both football and basketball both finished with winning seasons!!
    Bluesman said:

This means Miami finishes with a winning season!! And first time since 2006 that both football and basketball both finished with winning seasons!!

We're technically still not guaranteed a winning season since the CBI hasn't been canceled.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Doubt CBI comes calling for Miami.

edited March 4
    We have a winning record in one of the best mid-major conferences. Kenpom has us as the #140 team in the country. There are 116 postseason spots this season and my guess is that a bunch of teams will pass on second and third tier tournaments because of a lack of interest and funding. If the team and administration wants it, my guess is that they could get into the discussion.
    edited March 4
    Not impossible....but one team dances...there are five more ahead of us....not sure yet where Ball State ends up.

We have zero pedigree at this point, so I just feel we would be low on the list, especially given that our administration is certainly not going to lobby for us or support any extra bball travel.

As you said, cancellations could factor, regardless we will not have a losing season....which is rare.

11+ since non-losing season, WOW, it took cancellations to bring a potential winning season.

;P
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    Coach George Rider led us to a 7-5 record in 1918-1919, including a nice win to end the season against Kentucky.

We ALWAYS have winning records during a pandemic!!!!!
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    skins said:

11+ since non-losing season, WOW, it took cancellations to bring a potential winning season.

;P
    Yes, but we also had home games against Defiance, Bellarmine, EMU, and Ohio cancelled. Of the 5 total that were cancelled, there's a decent chance we would have won 3.

Bring on Duke!
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    skins said:

Bring on Duke!

What a CBI matchup!