Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Not For The Meek Or Mild

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
Random Thoughts:

One of my favorite strategies is to carry three starting pitchers (SP) that provide plenty of holds and/or saves with solid ERA and WHIP numbers. They typically can be nabbed early.

A few examples:

Pomeranz
Sims
Castillo
Merryweather
Wisler
Clippard (injured)

Several others will gradually appear.

Isiah Kiner-Falifa. Leads off and is catcher (and ss) eligible. Had him last year. Waited too long to get him this year.

I nabbed Trey Mancini in the 16th and 17 rounds in both drafts. Steal. I hope.

Comments

• EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Cesar Valdez. Great start and nice numbers in 2020. But hammered in 2017 and 2010 (Yes...There was a 7-year lapse). I'm not sold yet.

Michael Taylor. What a start. But career numbers, other than 2017, not up to your or my standards. Leave him on the waiver wire...for now.
    Keep an eye on Adbert Alzolay tonight when he makes his first start of the year. Great stuff with some control issues. Available in most leagues, unless you have 16 teams (possibly 14).

If he is doing well, you may want to nab him after 5-6 innings. Very unpredictable.
    I'm not ready to pick up Tyler Naquin yet. I'm not shocked at his early power, but his health is always a concern. In deeper leagues, you might have to grab him quickly. 

Also, his K/BB ratio has historically been miserable. It's early, but so far so good.