Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami men win track title

I think the first time since 1993

Comments

• JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    We are a track school! (Obligatory.)
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I believe Akron got DQ’d on the last event of the day after they got first and Miami second, otherwise Akron wins the meet by 1.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

I believe Akron got DQ’d on the last event of the day after they got first and Miami second, otherwise Akron wins the meet by 1.

This is true. I just spoke with my nephew (his daughter [my grand niece] runs for Akron) and he said Akron won the 4 x 400 m relay but was disqualified when the Akron runner ran into a runner from EMU after the race was over. The EMU coach filed a protest and Akron was disqualified and Miami's 4 x 400 relay team was awarded first place. If not for the disqualification the team scores would have been Akron 160.5 and Miami 159.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Miami senior Olivia Bechtel won the 400 m setting a new MAC and MACC meet record of 51.65. Her time is currently the 10th fastest in the nation.
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Havighurstite
    All it says on the trophy is MAC Champions, not how it was won.