Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Football Recruiting

Comments

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Some news may be coming tonight!
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Khalil Tate!!!!

B)
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Yes! Dodo's plan to be revealed!

JiveHawk said:

Commit from 6'3" 240lbs DE Kyle Bryant!

Announces via Twitter that he's opening his recruitment back up
    Had other offers from Georgia State and Tulane. I expect another DE commit soon to replace him.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

JiveHawk said:

Had other offers from Georgia State and Tulane. I expect another DE commit soon to replace him.
    Kinley? Because I'd be cool with that swap

Spanks004 said:

JiveHawk said:

Kinley? Because I'd be cool with that swap
    Kinley is definitely a top target, but I think we will find out from him closer to NLI day...tweet Kinley support for Miami!
    Kinley is apparently getting an in home visit tomorrow night from a Miami coach, he just responded to a tweet of mine
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    Brett Gabbert just put this up yesterday. Seasons highlights. CBC just won their second consecutive MO Class 6 State Championship on Saturday. Brett had 4 TD passes. For the year he was 191/274, 3047 yards, 39 TD, 2 INT, 259 rushing yards. In his career at CBC, Brett was 626/916, 9083 yards, 105 TD, 11 INT, 617 rushing yards, 7 TDs. Can't wait to see him playing at Yager! I would love this video and be excited about Brett even if I wasn't friends with one of CBC's coaches. 

;)
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Wow..some really nice throws and pretty good speed running as well.
    Spanks004 said:

I take it we're still in a holding pattern here?

Spanks004 said:

Still think it's happening...Kinley wasn't who it was, but he would be a huge addition as well!
    We are now in a full contact period. Coaches have been doing in-home visits across the country. Also a new offer went out to RB Ontario Russell. Give him a shout on twitter at @ontario_russell
    Spanks004 said:

Spanks004 said:

Still think it's happening...Kinley wasn't who it was, but he would be a huge addition as well!
    Redhawks get the big commit spanks was alluding to. 6'4 270 lb. DL Anthony Collier from Tennessee. Great addition!

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Collier-46055097/

Spanks004 said:

Spanks004 said:

Redhawks get the big commit spanks was alluding to. 6'4 270 lb. DL Anthony Collier from Tennessee. Great addition!

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Collier-46055097/
    Had some good offers and higher ranked than KB who dexommitted a few days ago
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Wow..some really nice throws and pretty good speed running as well.

His footwork seems funky, love the arm. 
    edited November 2018
    Like the Collier pick up because it fills a need. A big need. If you look at our roster we only have 4 interior DL coming back: Costin, Murrer (who is a converted OL and RS Jr, so who knows if he comes back), Hampton, and Speyer. We were very thin at this position. I think adding one more interior DL in addition to Collier if we have the space would be a good idea. What was nice about our DL this year is at DE we could always rotate in fresh bodies. Couldn't do that interior DL. Often Costin and Duffin were playing almost the entire game, especially the end of the year when Hampton was hurt. 
    Josh Slay & Ontario Russell will both be on campus next week for an official visit.
    Uh oh. Deland Mcculough gets and offer from USC...
    Spanks004 said:

Where did that come from? Is his dad going back to USC or something too?
  • Spanks004 said:

Where did that come from? Is his dad going back to USC or something too?
    Ronnie Bradford, who was the DBs coach at USC when Deland Jr was in high school here, is among the assistants Clay Helton got rid of. So if he plans on staying at safety, he wouldn’t be working with someone he knows. So who knows what the story is.
    Sprint513 said:
    Yeah not good. Chuck needs to work some magic this weekend. What still seems weird to me is that even Deland mentions in the article that USC barely talked to him before offering. Hopefully he sees through that, but I wouldn't blame him for choosing southern California
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Chuck’s pitch may be that he can start 4 years at Miami vs. who knows what at USC.
    Tank Booker from Winton Woods has named his final 6 and we aren't in it. Toledo is however. As is UC. Followed by several of our coaches. Interesting to see what happens with this recruiting class. Because as far as I know, it is the only reason to support keeping our current staff. Not my reason. 
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    The Deland situation reminds me of the Austin Boucher Ohio State offer.  Hope it ends the same way.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    The Deland situation reminds me of the Austin Boucher Ohio State offer.  Hope it ends the same way.
    Injured half way through a winless season in his senior year? That's cold Nick.  
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

Injured half way through a winless season in his senior year? That's cold Nick.  

Boucher got "the kiss."
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Danica ! B)
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    =>Division I state defensive player of the year Ivan Pace:

mollautt said:

=>Division I state defensive player of the year Ivan Pace:

We have a LOT of guys visiting this weekend for their official visits. Most will be commits, but Pace, along with Josh Slay and Ontario Russell are undecided as of now. If we can get Pace, that would be huge.