Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami at Denver

moosemoose Wealthy Alum
Up 1-0 early. Time to shut the stream down and see if that helps.

Comments

• Miami up 3-0 halfway through the 2nd. CHN showing 3 goals on 8 shots. :O Denver with 21 SOG and nothing to show for it thus far.
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    The Miracle on Ice 2.0?
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    This is a refreshing change of pace.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    moose said shut down the stream. Don't screw it up, now 3-1... hold breath.
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Yea
    Out-shot 46-21, but we win 3-1.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Just tuned in for the 4th Period show...and found out we won! 2 in a row!!
    Run the Table!  Hoist the Banner!
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Denver #6 in Pairwise. Nice win.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    9 posts in a hockey game thread, sad to see how far we’ve fallen
    Spanks004 said:

And two were by me, who doesn't even like hockey.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    We still have hockey?
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Go Hockey!
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    I check in, but frequent loosing across all sports has a toll; hopefully the higher ups take notice!
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

We still have hockey?

We do, if last night is any indicator.
    Spanks004 said:

Late start, old men, drunk or in bed by then. ;)

I check in, but frequent loosing across all sports has a toll; hopefully the higher ups take notice!

Granted, things aren't *great* across all sports, but football finished at .500, men's hoops entered today at 14-12, and the women have 20 wins and are in 1st place. Field hockey and volleyball also had very successful seasons. It's pretty much just hockey that's been awful lately.
    JCook32DICK
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Granted, things aren't *great* across all sports, but football finished at .500, men's hoops entered today at 14-12, and the women have 20 wins and are in 1st place. Field hockey and volleyball also had very successful seasons. It's pretty much just hockey that's been awful lately.

Yep, football and men’s bb are OK, but just like the commercial, OK is not what I expect. Maybe my expectations are too high, but they are mine and I am sticking to them.
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    edited February 2019
    So we should settle for .500 in football? That’s our new ceiling I guess! Football hasn’t been anything for years, basketball we are ok this year, but the jury is still out on that, and hockey has been a disaster the past 5 years.
    Re6H5wk said:

So we should settle for .500 in football? That’s our new ceiling I guess! Football hasn’t been anything for years, basketball we are ok this year, but the jury is still out on that, and hockey has been a disaster the past 5 years.

Re6H5wk said:

No, I'm not good with .500 in football, but it's not "frequent loosing [sic];" it's average. I'm sure we'd all like to see winning football.
    JiveHawkredhawk11DICK
  • Whoa, CC beat WMU 8-2.
  • moosemoose Wealthy Alum
    DU putting it on us early 1-0
    End first.

Shots 10-4 Du
    Melnick shorty 1-1.

I’ll take a tie, see if it works again.

See ya tomorrow.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

Whoa, CC beat WMU 8-2.

CC isn't CC of old. They've been developing some people.
  • icepicsicepics Havighurstite
    We're getting back in it, 3-2 in the 3rd.
    DU PP 4-2
    Empty netter.
    They let the clock run out...
    Split weekend. Let's get some wins to finish out the season.