Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Detroit bound?

It ain't over til it's over, but that being said we have a game lead on OU and UB with head-to-head victories over both of them. If I  understand the procedures correctly, if we're tied with either of them at the regular season's end we'd have an edge in the standings, correct? If so all we need is to win two of our next three -  the murderer's row of BG, Akron, and then a tougher matchup at Ball State - and the East is ours.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Beat BG and quite possibly the worst team in FBS in Akron, and the BSU game will be irrelevant.
    Nescacdad
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum

It ain't over til it's over, but that being said we have a game lead on OU and UB with head-to-head victories over both of them. If I  understand the procedures correctly, if we're tied with either of them at the regular season's end we'd have an edge in the standings, correct? If so all we need is to win two of our next three -  the murderer's row of BG, Akron, and then a tougher matchup at Ball State - and the East is ours.

Also, winning the next 2 gives us 7 wins which puts us in a bowl game.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Beat BG
  • Plus the BG and Akron games are both at home.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Really don't want this coming down to Ball State on the road. Beat BG and I'll start to feel more comfortable
    mpurdy22
  • Beat Bowling Green and Akron by a combined 100 points so Jackson Williamson can get some meaningful reps.
    Nescacdaddave67JHVMUFBAlum
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Come on guys, this is done, BGSU blows, Akron lost time UMASS, who really blows, got pounded by Liberty at home last week. Only a Chuck mind blunder can screw this up now. Who will we play in Detroit is the question? I hope for a wounded Toledo team.
    Footbalhead
  • trapdoortrapdoor Summer Orientee
    This is the 2nd full Miami game I've watched all season, and I have to say that I was impressed by their performance. They were beat statistically, but they ran the ball well, won the turnover battle, made a couple big plays when it counted, and scored in the red zone. The coaches called a very good game, and I, dare to say, saw a Miami team that reminded me of earlier decades. Credit where credit is due. Chuck Martin has the best MAC conference record over the last 3+ years (20-9), and we are in a good position to play in the championship game- and hopefully avenge the Western Michigan loss. But there is lots of football to be played. Yes, BG and Akron are the worst teams in the division, but remember that in 2010, all Ohio had to do was beat a weak Kent State team to make the championship game, and they not only lost, but got blown out, allowing Miami to win the division. That would be out of character for this Miami team, as they have been winning the games they're supposed to win. Very Good showing last night. 
    FootbalheadFraggleHawkBash_Riprockkillgas20muredhawks22DICK
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Book Motown!
    Footbalhead
  • BG is going to have 11 days off coming into tuesday, and we will have 6.  I am very nervous for this game. 
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Can’t get overconfident..that’s for sure..look what BG did to Toledo.
    NescacdadJHVMUFBAlum
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    Attention all haters and lurkers and all the crowd here that think they're qualified to coach a NCAA D-1 football game...did you see what Trapdoor just said:

"Credit where credit is due. Chuck Martin has the best MAC conference record over the last 3+ years (20-9), and we are in a good position to play in the championship game."

I was at the game last night checking out this site and even while we were beating OU there's a bunch here that still gotta hate on Martin and coaches. 

Folks at some stage the kids have to make the plays. Running a play they've run two dozen times this year for positive yardage and run for a loss late in the game isn't all on the coach's bad calls. Players gotta' make the plays. 

And yea, there's time not to like everything we see but overall get over  it. The guy's winning games and things are looking up. 

JCook32agc
    Dave: given the last 5 year’s results I think it’s reasonable to expect some lack of confidence from the rabid fan base here. That said, I think the comments here were mostly positive, giving credit where due to both the players and coaches for playing hard and never giving up. The notable exception was that weird last offensive play where we had guys running in motion by the QB on a dive play or even perhaps should have been a knee taken. Probably offensive coordinator’s fault and not Chuck’s. Still, it was hard to fathom how that play was called when the only way we could lose was by fumbling (or having the subsequent punt blocked).
    Nescacdad
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

BG is going to have 11 days off coming into tuesday, and we will have 6.  I am very nervous for this game. 

Love ya but GTFOH. They're terrible. 
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • hawk5014hawk5014 Summer Orientee
    There is nothing wrong with the play call.  They had run the same play more than multiple times previously with a great deal of success.  It was a play all involved in should have been very comfortable with.  The freshman QB or the RB  went the wrong way. I haven't gone back to take a closer look at the line to know which one for sure.  If I had to guess, based on the WR motion it was the RB.  It was a HUGE gaffe, and the team lived to laugh about it later.  Whether or not you have been supportive of the coaches, or highly critical we should all recognize a spark when we see it.  This program is not where it should be in the arena of college football, and this team has willed themselves to a point where they are playing very meaningful games late in the year at home.  My hope is that we (alumni,fans,students) fan the flames as hard as we possibly can.  They just won a very important game on the road, on national T.V., against my personal most hated rival (OU Sucks!).  They deserve my support and I hope others on this board will feel the same way.  See you in Detroit.   
    MHT_Meme_Teamskin66JCook32Bash_RiprockQuinoaburgerfwhawkDICKa26dave
    Cannot have a hangover next week...

How does this team beat Toledo and get drilled by Kent?
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Woofing Gods, folks...Woofing Gods.
    dave67Bash_Riprockredhawk11
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

The notable exception was that weird last offensive play where we had guys running in motion by the QB on a dive play or even perhaps should have been a knee taken. Probably offensive coordinator’s fault and not Chuck’s. Still, it was hard to fathom how that play was called when the only way we could lose was by fumbling (or having the subsequent punt blocked).

=>Was anyone else reminded of the Miracle at The Meadowlands last night during that fumble?

killgas20Bash_Riprock
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    killgas20 said:

Woofing Gods, folks...Woofing Gods.

X100
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

Cincykid3 said:

The notable exception was that weird last offensive play where we had guys running in motion by the QB on a dive play or even perhaps should have been a knee taken. Probably offensive coordinator’s fault and not Chuck’s. Still, it was hard to fathom how that play was called when the only way we could lose was by fumbling (or having the subsequent punt blocked).

=>Was anyone else reminded of the Miracle at The Meadowlands last night during that fumble?

Unfortunately, yes.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum

Did Toledo's QB get injured in the BG game? I feel like I remember reading that. Looking at their schedule, they've been drilled by pretty much everyone. If we're focused, we should win by a couple TD's.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum

=>UT was down to a 4th string QB or something. That had to pull a kid out of the student section in 3rd quarter and quickly dress him cuz he said he played QB for his 5th grade Pop Warner team 8 years ago.

MHT_Meme_Team
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019

UT's QB is back though right?  

Either way they scored a lot on Kent, who are not bad at all.   One game at a time...hope Gabbert, everyone stays healthy and we keep up the Bester/Tyre mix up....that could get better and better.

Need to tweak the passing game....but potential is there.

If we end up in Detroit with a frosh QB, that would be a heck of rebound.

• Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch
    MHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11DICKa26dave
  • BG is going to have 11 days off coming into tuesday, and we will have 6.  I am very nervous for this game. 

Just wait till they announce the temperature at kickoff
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch

If these chickens don't hatch, then what's the point? I know anything can happen, but if we can't beat a couple of disaster teams in the next two weeks, then we don't deserve to be FBS.
    Re6H5wk said:

If these chickens don't hatch, then what's the point? I know anything can happen, but if we can't beat a couple of disaster teams in the next two weeks, then we don't deserve to be FBS.
    Wtf? Don’t deserve to be in FBS?? Cmon man
    Bash_Riprock
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Sagarin has us a 15 points better than BGSU.  BG already has 3 wins.  The key with them might be what they do with their best RB who they are thinking about red-shirting (he has only played 4 games).  I am concerned with that game since it will be after our huge win- they have more rest- etc.  Cold and empty Yager.  

Akron is 27 points below in Sagarin which is the same difference as Miami to Georgia.   So if we are playing for the league title against them I will like our chances.  
  • Re6H5wk said:

Wtf? Don’t deserve to be in FBS?? Cmon man
    Toledo lost to BG? kick them off the tour!!!!
    AORedHawk33Bash_Riprockgrumpy1Nescacdadredhawk11
    Well how bout we don’t deserve to be in a bowl game if we lose to the likes of BG and/or Akron.