Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

To Hell With OU

12346»

Comments

• grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    Outscored 17-6 in the final 3:50.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    I believe we were up 10 with 2:46 to go and it was tied with 1:53 to go.
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    19goSkins said:

Why did they kick it out to Bam for the 3? Dude had a tying layup.

Right? Why didn't ICL tried a layup? The team is so obsessed with shooting 3.

Quinoaburger
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    Here is the play-by play starting around 2:38: https://pasteboard.co/IY0vhqH.png

Probability of winning was about 96% when the shitshow started
    redhawk11
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

19goSkins said:

If the play that was drawn up was to go for a 3 and the win, then that's what they go with.
    Cincykid3
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    I am getting texts today from non-Miami college hoops followers saying there is chatter about
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    ..it looking like we were trying to throw the game.
    redhawk11RHawksAlumni
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    This thread is wild!
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Come on, we have poorly prepared and sometimes selfish players whose talent does in most cases not equal their opponents. We seem to be poorly coached up in practice. I’m pretty certain we are not good enough to affect a point spread.
    mz343redhawk11digitalhawkagcDICK
  • mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    It's absolutely clear that our team is comprised of poor listeners, players with low basketball IQs, and players with inconsistent effort levels.  The same crappy play has endured for 2 seasons.  Our juniors should be figuring things out and leading this team.  Instead, we keep finding new ways to lose games.  And there's no reason to think it's all going to click next year.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Wealthy Alum
    mz343 said:

It's absolutely clear that our team is comprised of poor listeners, players with low basketball IQs, and players with inconsistent effort levels.  The same crappy play has endured for 2 seasons.  Our juniors should be figuring things out and leading this team.  Instead, we keep finding new ways to lose games.  And there's no reason to think it's all going to click next year.

This. This program needs to get a lot better before they can start thinking about throwing games.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    If we could get really good at throwing games, we could "gamble" our donations and double them up. Rinse and repeat. We will have Millett 2.0 in no time!
    agcDICKBash_Riprock
    Cincykid3 said:

..it looking like we were trying to throw the game.

It happened before in the MAC with Toledo.
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Ladies looking bad against OU as well today.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited March 2020
    Watched it Saturday afternoon because I was out at a dance with my honey gambling I wouldn’t get the coronavirus last night. I watched in horror as we gave up a 10 point lead at home against our rivals in less than 1:30 and eventually lost it when we completely failed to box out on a missed desperation Ohio shot. I’m at a total loss to explain this one.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Imagine playing so poorly, that people ACTUALLY believe that the players are point shaving.
    mollauttDICKagc
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Has anyone considered that it might be both? Maybe we lost a 10 point lead in the final 3 minutes because we suck, but we tanked the final possession because ICL knew that would swing the total (the game closed at 135)?
    RHawksAlumni
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum

agc said:

19goSkins said:

If the play that was drawn up was to go for a 3 and the win, then that's what they go with.
    What evidence do you have that this team follows the coaching instructions?
    digitalhawk
    19goSkins said:

agc said:

19goSkins said:

And I ask of you the opposite.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    edited March 2020
    19goSkins said:

agc said:

19goSkins said:

If any of our coaching includes "don't take the free two points, even if the game is on the line," then firing Owens isn't enough. He probably needs to be forced to hitchhike naked out of Oxford.
    agc
  • JCook32JCook32 Dodds God
    Accusing our players of fixing a game is extremely insulting to them as competitors, as well as incredibly unlikely. A close game doesn't get fixed. A game where a team is an overwhelming favorite that can afford to not play their best but still win outright would be a target for a fixed game.

If you want to call for the coach's job or say players are selfish, go for it. But to insinuate or accuse players of throwing a game is lazy, offensive and completely ignorant. Do you feel as though the players have so little integrity as to not care if they win or lose? Would you personally accept a sum of money to purposely lose a game to your rival?
    thechuck_2112RHawksAlumni
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    JCook32 said:

Accusing our players of fixing a game is extremely insulting to them as competitors, as well as incredibly unlikely. A close game doesn't get fixed. A game where a team is an overwhelming favorite that can afford to not play their best but still win outright would be a target for a fixed game.

If you want to call for the coach's job or say players are selfish, go for it. But to insinuate or accuse players of throwing a game is lazy, offensive and completely ignorant. Do you feel as though the players have so little integrity as to not care if they win or lose? Would you personally accept a sum of money to purposely lose a game to your rival?
    While you or I might not bite on a bribe, I'm certain that there are others who could be induced into doing so....and I'm not insinuating or suggesting that's what has happened here. Go google "Toledo point shaving scandal" for a look at what happened there...in both BB and FB.
    RHawksAlumni
This discussion has been closed.