Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami Whipped NIU Today In Case Anyone Is Wondering

=>NIU is one of the top 25 teams in Illinois this year.

Comments

• skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Were it not for this being posted in a basketball thread, I would wonder “in what?” Does my lack of interest show?
    mollautt
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    We win out!
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s apathy.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33
  • GeneGene Off-Campus Slummer
    Not sure I would call it a whipping, especially since NIU came back from a 20 point deficit to an 8 point deficit.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Gene said:

Not sure I would call it a whipping, especially since NIU came back from a 20 point deficit to an 8 point deficit.

Basketball is a sport of runs. The fact that 8 is the closest NIU got from nearly the start is impressive.
  • aba222aba222 Off-Campus Slummer
    Gene said:

Agreed. We made several bad decisions that let NIU back into it. Their shooting turned cold towards the end, and we fortunately capitalized.
    I’m not a fan of McNamara...but he hit some nice 15 footers down the stretch to keep us in it.

OBTW, kudos to Lairy for being 22/22 from the line this year. FT shooting like that reminds me of a guy they called Smooth...
    Mowch
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    aba222 said:

OBTW, kudos to Lairy for being 22/22 from the line this year. FT shooting like that reminds me of a guy they called Smooth...

=>On a all new episode of Fansville, aba222 on trial for being a jinxer.

Quinoaburger90skin
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Gene said:

We also led by 18 with just over a minute to go when we emptied our bench and Litteken turned it over twice. It wasn't complete domination, but we were never in danger of losing. That said, we'll have to play better to make it even somewhat close against OU.

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Aba: Eric Newsome??
  • GeneGene Off-Campus Slummer
    mollautt said:

aba222 said:

=>On a all new episode of Fansville, aba222 on trial for being a jinxer.

Damon Frierson

aba222
    Cincykid3 said:

Aba: Eric Newsome??

Newsome was just before my time, so I don’t know if they called him Smooth as well. I was in school with Frierson. He was so much fun to watch.
    Re6H5wk said:

Gene said:

It wasn't complete domination, but we were never in danger of losing.
    Ordinarily I’d agree with you. But over the past several years, I always feel we could be in danger of losing, regardless of how much we’re up.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Free throws were being discussed and I am pretty sure Newsome has the best percentage in MU history...that’s the only reason I thought the “smooth” reference was to him.
    Re6H5wk