Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Comments

• skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Averaging 10 and 6...shooting a torrid 63% from field
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Too bad Nike didn’t leave first w Jalen staying.....oh well.
    FraggleHawkskinsRedseaagcredhawk11Bash_Riprock
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    edited February 1
    Solid kid. Very polite, never swearing. I liked him as a player too. From the stats, it seems he is not shooting 3s as much. I wish him a great career at St. Bonaventura
    FraggleHawk
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Hit the game-winner against Fordham in his first game, and I was really encouraged with the core if him, Nike, and Brown.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    He was one of the most talented players we've had recently. The big issue was that he had a tendency to be passive (which was exacerbated by playing with teammates who were very much not passive). He's always had the talent to do big things when he's given the chance and he takes it.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited February 1
    I miss Jalen on the court almost as much as his grandfather on this board. Hope both are well.
    MowchThe_SackmanDevilGradLove_and_Honorskinsagcmuhawk
    edited February 2
    Seemed like a cool-kat...would have liked to see him be a major force for us on the wing across from Dalonte this year....but this team is coming together ....and ICL hopefully when back, has grown considerably this year it seems.

Maybe even Dalonte as well, as he and Jalen had a bit of the same issue not being aggressive/assertive enough....Dalonte being the main wing is helping him I think. 
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited February 2
    Jalen and Marcus Weathers are both sorely missed. 
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Weathers just scored 24 in his last game and has double digits in points in every game but one.
    Spanks004 said:

Bluesman said:

Weathers just scored 24 in his last game and has double digits in points in every game but one.
    Sort of forgot he was still playing....avg 15 and 7 shooting high 45 to 50%...added trey to his game (at 32%).

Well at least it confirms we've been attracting solid players still....I know we lost them, but means we have been and still are  finding some talent.

CMHskins
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Had he stayed, Marcus Weathers would have likely exhausted his eligibility at Miami last year.
    Mowchredhawk11
    Somewhat related: Michael Weathers ultimately landed at Texas Southern and is having a nice season with them.
    Nah, they are related ;-)
    DICKQuinoaburgerRe6H5wkmoosethechuck_2112

Somewhat related: Michael Weathers ultimately landed at Texas Southern and is having a nice season with them.

Today he led them to a win with a performance that consisted of 28 points (on 43% shooting), 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals, and 8 turnovers.
    Also, Jalen Adaway led St. Bonaventure in scoring with 17 in their A-10 semifinal win today over St. Louis.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Those who leave will be Champions......or something like that.
    redhawk11muhawkRe6H5wk
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Wondering if the St. Louis win gets them an at large if they lose the championship game. They have to be close if not in already.

In the conference semis today he made a 3 point buzzer beater to send it to OT and then hit a dagger 3 in OT to clinch the win against Jackson St (who was previously undefeated in conference play). He finished with 30 points in the game. He was named first team all conference a couple days ago. Huge bounce back season for him after what happened at Oklahoma St.
    agc
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Interesting. He's not a good three-point shooter (under 30% for the year) and missed all six attempts yesterday.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    I have watched them a lot this year, and think they are the best "Cinderella" bet in the tournament.  They have a very good big man, Osun Ossunyi.  He was the A10 defensive player of the year, led the conference in blocked shots, and is a double-double machine; and excellent guard play.  Adaway fits right in.  Their team defense is underrated, and they are good shooters.  Also, Mark Schmidt is one of, if not the, best coaches in the A10.  Their big weakness is lack of depth, only going about six deep.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    For a team that won both the A-10 regular season and tournament, getting a 9 seed does not seem right.  They should be the 6 and BYU the 9, IMO.
    Blackbird
    It’s pretty tempting to take whoever comes out of that 8/9 game over an Isaiah Livers-less Michigan team ...

I’m also pretty surprised Schmidt has never gotten a better job, given the Bonnie’s fairly consistent success recently...
    Blackbird
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Holding out hope for the Adaway-Weathers matchup.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    It’s Michigan’s own fault. If the Wolverines simply clicked on Eddie’s links, they’d still have their Livers.
    Bash_RiprockEDDIEredhawk11DICK
    LSU could definitely hang with Michigan if they play like today....
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    muhawk said:

It’s Michigan’s own fault. If the Wolverines simply clicked on Eddie’s links, they’d still have their Livers.

Well done.

• mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    dudis41 said:

LSU could definitely hang with Michigan if they play like today....

Michigan's been my 2nd team since I moved up here.  Until Livers got hurt, I thought they had a good chance to go all the way.  I think it's a tossup game at best against LSU.  Michigan will have to shoot the ball really well to hang with LSU.  They'll play tough defense, but shooting needs to step up, especially with the attention Dickinson will get.  And LSU has definitely played better than Michigan the last 2-3 weeks, even when Michigan had Livers.