Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC Post Season

Watched Toledo vs Richmond in the NIT. UT truly shat the bed. UR played without its two leading scorers - one was also its leading rebounder (both out injured). Rockets opened strong and build an 11 point first half lead at one point. Stepped off the gas every time they had the opportunity to take complete control of the game and gave UR lots of 8 and 9 point runs. UR caught them about the halfway point of the second half and pulled ahead. UT could never close and Spiders won by about 10. Marreon Jackson was a complete non factor - about 1 for 5 from the field. Disappointing performance by the regular season MAC champs!

Comments

• BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    RIchmond was the preseason favorite to win the A10, and led the league for a good portion of the year until injuries and the Wuhan flu took their toll.  Even with injuries, not surprised they pulled it out.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I agree Toledo played like crap. They made some terrible passes. They had balls stolen so easily. They played super soft. Then they stopped making threes. It was a very poor performance. But they were a flawed team
    NescacdadDICK
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited March 19
    I would add that Toledo peaked too early and was heading downhill late in the season.  In the MAC tourney they won the 8/1 game vs Ball State in OT, then got blown out by Ohio.  In the last two weeks of the regular season, they lost at Central Michigan and a home game vs BG.  Then last night, they just did not look like the same team.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Buffalo lost to Colorado State today.  The score was tied and CSU hit a tough layup with 1.2 seconds to go  to win the game.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited March 20
    Ohio hanging with UVA midway through the first half. MAC’s last shot at a post season win.
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Senior Barfly
    Nescacdad said:

Ohio hanging with UVA midway through the first half. MAC’s last shot at a post season win.

Don’t be silly, the CBI starts Monday!
    Re6H5wkDICK
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Wealthy Alum
    Neither of these announcers have mentioned that Preston is the worst player of all time.
    Re6H5wkskinsThe_Sackman
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited March 20
    Doing more than hanging.....as expected....they are so much better than us.

Wake up David Sayler!
    digitalhawkNickskin
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    OU is 28 seconds away from advancing.

UVA really sucks at first round games.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited March 20

Neither of these announcers have mentioned that Preston is the worst player of all time.

Seems like they should has not completed the triple double...two shy on assists...pretty lame.

Getting pretty interesting at moment.  Called that upset, was almost a lock....did not see the Buckeyes, though.

Anyway congrats to Bobcats representing....huge FTs.

Third straight opening round win?
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    And OU wins 62-58. Preston w 11 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Wealthy Alum
    Good for OU. Nice to see a team that’s aggressive and plays with emotion.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    MAC-Proud!   OU played a great game. Keep winning Bobcats!
    Geneskin66DICK
  • GeneGene Off-Campus Slummer
    EDDIE said:

MAC-Proud!   OU played a great game. Keep winning Bobcats!

What a great coached game and team that plays under control. That’s all I ask at Miami
    skin66digitalhawk
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Love when MAC teams knock off the defending champs!!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=359461821863951
    digitalhawkRe6H5wkDICK
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    skins said:

Wake up David Sayler!
    One thing is to see Buffalo winning everything ... you know big city, big research university, huge endowment, etc. But when I see the success of OU, which is pretty much equal to Miami in every academic/financial aspect, that is when there is clear evidence that DS is failing big time.
    Genedigitalhawk
    agc said:

skins said:

Wake up David Sayler!
    One thing is to see Buffalo winning everything ... you know big city, big research university, huge endowment, etc. But when I see the success of OU, which is pretty much equal to Miami in every academic/financial aspect, that is when there is clear evidence that DS is failing big time.
    Amen. It appears to me that we’ve lowered our expectations under him. We need new blood!
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Yep, this is OU’s third straight 1st round win in the NCAA tourney...the others are 2010 and 2012.
    Gene
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    edited March 20
    Too many people on this board are complacent with our sports programs; look at what OU did today and ask yourself “Why can’t Miami demand that?”
    Gene

Too many people on this board are complacent with our sports programs; look at what OU did today and ask yourself “Why can’t Miami expect that?”

It’s not just men’s basketball, it’s hockey, it’s women’s basketball, and to some degree, football, but I’m hoping the tide has turned.
    NYCRedHawk
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    I will never be happy or proud of Ohio U unless Athens County falls into the Hocking River and floats to WV where it belongs. Awful night.

I didn't understand why they ignored this fact either.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Terrible loss by BG to Stetson today to mercifully end their season.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    edited March 22
    It sounded like Grant Hill just started saying “This Miami team” before correcting himself and saying “This Ohio team” while Preston was just at the line.
    Ohio couldn’t have played a more hapless last 10 minutes of the first half.

I didn't understand why they ignored this fact either.
    Feels amazing to be proven right on the biggest stage. Bum can take his 4 points and 10% shooting back to his Pistons blog. Another W for Sackman!
    muhawkagc
    Bobcats didn’t want anything to do with Gonzaga anyway.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Tonight the Bobcats showed why they finished 5th in the MAC.  All night they missed shots that they made the last 4 tournament games.  Creighton applied double teams to Preston and VanderPlas whenever they put the ball on the floor and those guys threw it to the OU wings but they missed open shot after open shot.  Finally Preston and VanderPlas started forcing tough shots and they missed those too.  None the less, they will probably be back in the NCAA again next year, unless Preston turns pro.