Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Boom! Great Day to Be a RedHawk!

My understanding, is we have a transfer, and I think you are going to like him!! I haven't been given the ok to name him, but he is someone that definitely can help! Job well done by Jack and Jeff Rutter!! 
Redsea

Comments

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Sounds very good. Do you know who else is leaving?
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    We talking a 1-year grad transfer or several years of this guy?
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Is Dwain finally arriving?
    muhawkBash_Riprockthechuck_2112
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Did we get Mac McClung to change his mind (again)?
    muhawk
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    Is Braxton Beverly returning for his 12th year of eligibility?
    19goSkinsBash_Riprockagc
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    still has ELIGIBILITY
    QuinoaburgerRe6H5wk
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    Johnny J from Gonzaga had a change of heart and chose to play for Miami?!
  • MowchMowch Senior Barfly
    Ron Harper Jr.?
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    After checking my eligibility, my physical abilities and the current needs of the team, I have determined it is not me.
    JCook32thechuck_2112agc
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    The big reveal is going to be a new producer for the podcast, isn't it?
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum

The big reveal is going to be a new producer for the podcast, isn't it?

Two Guys One Emily is now One Guy Two Emilys.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    It will be interesting to see who....lands.....in Oxford.
    cwRedhawksMowchJC5
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Redsea said:

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

This would be my question as well. I thought all our scholarships were taken and we did not have any money so no adding a 14th scholarship, which would be legal for this year only.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited April 25
    Based on Eddie..sounds like ICL brother..
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    skins said:

Does he have to take classes? He may already have his PhD from his last 6 years.
    agcChrisW1980
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    It can only be Nike Sibande ...
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    A new carbonation machine?
    killgas20
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited April 26
    19goSkins said:

skins said:

Does he have to take classes? He may already have his PhD from his last 6 years.

He could be Dr. J!

;)  B)
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    edited April 26

Williams' father, Walt, spent 12 seasons in the NBA playing for
    the Sacramento Kings, Miami Heat, Toronto Raptors, Portland
    Trailblazers, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, scoring over 8,000
    points for his career and making almost 1,000 three-pointers.
    agc
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Looks like he wasn’t expecting to see the floor all that much in the upcoming season at BC. Well, hopefully Jack and staff can further his development.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    It is indeed Kamari Williams. 6'7" 200. SG/WF. Will have 2-3 years of eligibility at Miami. Needs to work on his strength. Will be a nice rotational player with Dalonte and at SG this year. Nice shooting touch, needs to work on rebounding, and strength. Here is the brief highlight video I was provided by the person that told me about this  on Sunday. I was thinking about who he might compare to of recent transfers, and Dion Wade comes to mind. About the same size. Hopefully Kamari develops further than Dion did.  Welcome aboard Kamari!!

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    I'm glad to have some more frontcourt depth, but this seems like a lot of build up for a guy who had a hard time getting on the floor for the worst team in the ACC and only averaged 8.4 points and 3.9 rebounds per 40 on bad shooting splits when he did play.
    Redsea

I'm glad to have some more frontcourt depth, but this seems like a lot of build up for a guy who had a hard time getting on the floor for the worst team in the ACC and only averaged 8.4 points and 3.9 rebounds per 40 on bad shooting splits when he did play.

FWIW... his minutes increased substantially during the second half of his freshmen season.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

FWIW... his minutes increased substantially during the second half of his freshmen season.
    What happened in his soph season? I have never seen him play but with Bluesman super excited I was thinking he was going to be more of PF/C. Also a Dion Wade comparison
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited April 26
    Article below on the transfer from Bennett Wise. As to excitement one way or the other about him, I view him as a step up (hopefully) from Brewer and Jovic. Do I think we need a true post? Absolutely. But Kamari seems like a nice addition, and hopefully his development in the second half of this year continues and he can be a quality contributor for the next 3 years. And he is taking a step down in competition (sorry MAC but we are what we are) so that may help him as well. 

• mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    After watching a handful of condensed games (thank you to the ACC Channel on Youtube for 10 minute blurbs), this is what I would say.

I'm happy that he picked us and hopefully we can fulfill his academic and basketball needs.  He needs to play and we offer that opportunity

I don't think he's a frontcourt player.  He is a perimeter guy to me.

I think it's fair to say he's a good shooter.  The numbers don't necessarily back it up, but the form looks pretty good and his release is very quick.  He doesn't need much time to get his shot off.  About 70% of his field goal attempts at BC were 3s.  A couple of shots that he did make were tough shots in which the better play would've been to shot fake and drive.  That part of his game appears to need development.

But he played on a bad team with a lot of shot first, shot second, maybe pass 3rd but likely shot 3rd guards.  BC was 291st in Assists/FG made this past season.  So he was in a tough situation.  And he has 3 years (theoretically).

You can never have enough shooting.  Does this mean our younger guys that are bigger will be able to help us this coming season?
    Bash_Riprockagcskins
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Looks like he wasn’t expecting to see the floor all that much in the upcoming season at BC. Well, hopefully Jack and staff can further his development.

Hopefully
    Redsea said:

What happened in his soph season? I have never seen him play but with Bluesman super excited I was thinking he was going to be more of PF/C. Also a Dion Wade comparison
    I have no idea what happened to his playing time in his soph season, and like you I am also surprised that Bluesman's excitement and love extends beyond the low post/front court.
    RedseaQuinoaburger