Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Our softball team IS pretty good.

1234689

Comments

  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    It's official....we ARE a softball school!
    agcChrisW1980
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Yep
  • CalOhHawkCalOhHawk Havighurstite
    Can anyone provide an analysis of the rest of the season schedule and how the selection process works for NCAA tournament? BTW change the title of this thread to " Our Softball Team is Dam Good " !
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    CalOhHawk said:

    Can anyone provide an analysis of the rest of the season schedule and how the selection process works for NCAA tournament? BTW change the title of this thread to " Our Softball Team is Dam Good " !

    Our remaining schedule, with MAC record in parenthesis (6 home, 10 road):
    4 @ BG (12-14)
    2 @ OU (13-13)
    4 vs. Kent (12-9)
    2 vs. OU
    4 @ NIU (9-15)

    Kent, Ohio, and BG are 3-5 in the MAC, respectively, but there seems to be a pretty big gulf between Miami/BSU and the rest of the conference. No tournament this season, so the auto-bid goes to the regular season champs. Our sweep in Muncie puts us in a really good position, up 3 in the loss column, and we own the tie-breaker. If we go 13-3 the rest of the way (very doable), we likely clinch.
    redhawk11
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Vierstra working on another no-no, but she's getting no run support. 0-0 bottom 4 in BG.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited April 30
    Youtube livestream

    Re6H5wk
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Looks like there's more than one tree in BG these days....
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    30 trees in one shot at BG? Now that’s improvement.
    Bash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Miami rallies for a run top 7 after the first two were retired. An E5 helped. 1-0 mid 7
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited April 30
    Way to pull out the win, ladies! (1-0 final)
    Bash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Miami wins the first of the DH in BG. Unlike yesterday, plenty of offense to go around in a 14-9 victory. Does Vierstra start every game? Is this common? Safe? I don't know a whole lot about college softball.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Lost game two 2-1.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Falcons have played us tough this series. Good thing we swept BSU this week.
  • mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    Ball St. has dropped 2 of 3 this weekend vs. Toledo so we're up 4 games in the loss column.
    Re6H5wk
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    It seems very unlikely that we don't win the conference, so at this point it's more a question of whether we get a 2 seed or a 3 seed. I'm not sure how many losses we can afford to take and still get the 2 seed.
    redhawk11
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited May 2
    5-inning perfect game for Vierstra as Miami shuts out BG 9-0 this afternoon.
    Bash_RiprockRedseaskin66
  • VoxRedHawksVoxRedHawks Dodds God
    Miami’s DH with Ohio has been moved to Wednesday beginning at 2 pm
    Re6H5wk
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum

    Miami’s DH with Ohio has been moved to Wednesday beginning at 2 pm

    Thank you.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Sadly, the more the team dominates, the further it falls in the rankings. The raters don’t have much respect for the MAC, probably because only three teams have winning records right now. But this team is exceptional and it passed a lot of tests against P5 competition early. Just keep winning! The NCAA adventure this season could be fun!
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Nescacdad said:

    Sadly, the more the team dominates, the further it falls in the rankings. The raters don’t have much respect for the MAC, probably because only three teams have winning records right now. But this team is exceptional and it passed a lot of tests against P5 competition early. Just keep winning! The NCAA adventure this season could be fun!

    We actually moved up two spots to 30th this week even though we got fewer votes.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
  • VoxRedHawksVoxRedHawks Dodds God
    Due to field conditions in Athens the doubleheader with Ohio today has been cancelled
    Quinoaburger
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

    Due to field conditions in Athens the doubleheader with Ohio today has been cancelled

    Any chance of the games being made up, or are they fully cancelled?
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    edited May 5

    Due to field conditions in Athens the doubleheader with Ohio today has been cancelled


    Any chance of the games being made up, or are they fully cancelled?
    No plans to make up games:

  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    I remember seeing a poll two or three weeks ago that showed is at 29th with 11 votes.

    Nescacdad said:

    Sadly, the more the team dominates, the further it falls in the rankings. The raters don’t have much respect for the MAC, probably because only three teams have winning records right now. But this team is exceptional and it passed a lot of tests against P5 competition early. Just keep winning! The NCAA adventure this season could be fun!

    We actually moved up two spots to 30th this week even though we got fewer votes.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Nescacdad said:

    I remember seeing a poll two or three weeks ago that showed is at 29th with 11 votes.


    Nescacdad said:

    Sadly, the more the team dominates, the further it falls in the rankings. The raters don’t have much respect for the MAC, probably because only three teams have winning records right now. But this team is exceptional and it passed a lot of tests against P5 competition early. Just keep winning! The NCAA adventure this season could be fun!

    We actually moved up two spots to 30th this week even though we got fewer votes.
    Then we dropped a game to Ball State and one to BG
    redhawk11
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    How many sports is OU gonna try to dodge us in this season?
    Bash_RiprockQuinoaburgerLove_and_HonorJohnnyMac
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

    How many sports is OU gonna try to dodge us in this season?

    Exactly what I was going to say. These guys have backed out on every game they were about to get their butt whipped all year.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum

    Due to field conditions in Athens the doubleheader with Ohio today has been cancelled

    Due to field conditions. Translation: Someone started cultivating pot in left field.
    Re6H5wkD_Day
  • mz343mz343 Wealthy Alum
    Ball St. split a double header with NIU yesterday.  That puts us up 5 in the loss column.  Both teams have 10 games left.

    Here's some bracketology for you.  3 seed out in Eugene.  Oregon would be seeded 15th.

Sign In or Register to comment.