Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2021 Football Recruiting Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    I found a website called QBHITLIST. It ranked Pro-Style and Dual Threat QBs by state. Kamell Smith was the #5 Dual Threat QB in NC. Henry Heston was the #4 Pro Style QB in Indiana. Not bad at all!
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited March 2
    Because NC pushed high school football back to the spring, Kamell’s senior season is just getting started. He was 6 of 16 for only 72 yards in his first game last Friday. But with basketball season just finishing, he has barely had a chance to practice with the football team thus far. Should see his numbers improve as the season goes.
    Nescacdad
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Havighurstite
     Miami picked up a transfer from North Dakota, TE Derek Paulson.  Not sure if scholarship or walking on.
    Nescacdad
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Havighurstite
    edited July 21
    Looks like Miami picked up another transfer, an LB (should make some people happy), from Michigan.  Haven’t seen it anywhere officially yet though.
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    96Skins said:

JiveHawk said:

CalOhHawk said:

Redskin89 said:

Looks like Miami picked up another transfer, an LB (should make some people happy), from Michigan.  Haven’t seen it anywhere officially yet though.

I checked the transfer portal.Michigan had 8 LB who entered the portal. Isn't that more than we have on the entire roster?
    Most are committed to other schools already. I could only find one guy that appears to not be committed somewhere. I don't want to post name because info might not be accurate on him or one of the others listed as committed elsewhere may have changed their mind.

I guess we will find out soon enough.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Two out of three chance it's an Adam...
    skins
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited July 22
    EDDIE said:

I suppose many of our best LBs are walkons....so who knows, maybe a find!

We have 10-12 LBs, many frosh or unknown...but roster updated....here's to the main guys having a great year with our safeties and DEs...should be good!

EDDIE said:

I found that both Adams have landed at other schools already. One at Notre Dame and one at Duke.

That leaves one listed on the portal who is not committed. 
    EDDIE
    Freshman?
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2
    EDDIE said:

Freshman?

On the 2021 Michigan Spring Roster, he’s listed as a senior.

2018 was his first season at MSU and he redshirted. Played at MSU in 2019. Transferred to Michigan for 2020, but that season didn’t count. So really, he should have 3 years of eligibility left I believe.
    EDDIE
    It just seemed odd that he was listed as a freshman on our roster.
    Cincykid3
    Interesting that it does appear that we offered Warriner coming out of HS. A couple of other MAC schools did.