Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Columbus Blue Jackets 2021 Season

1235»

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Eric Robinson has to be the worst player protected in the history of expansion drafts.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    "He could be the next Anderson!" 

pfft
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Seth Jones traded to Blackhawks
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Added Jake Bean. Carolina with some head-scratchers this week.
    JohnnyMac said:

Added Jake Bean. Carolina with some head-scratchers this week.

Truly bizarre roster management. They give away their young stud goalie to Yzerman for nothing.

Jackets had a nice night. Things aren't nearly as bleak as they have been anymore. Will probably have three firsts again next year (assuming Laine is traded at some point during the season).
    Atkinson is gone.

Christmas in July. 

Good draft (on paper).  Hopefully the picks pan out. 
    Sending Cam to a better(?) situation is nice but I wish they would have given him any warning about it before hand. Hopefully, Voracek can unlock Laine.
    Jarmo definitely moved out almost the entirety of the pro-Torts leadership group of players -- whether they wanted to be moved or not. 

We'll see if whatever leadership forms now is any better.
    Good to have Kuraly on board. I'd guess he's wearing an A shortly. 
    CBJ signed the player that Seattle picked last week.  So the CBJ roster was so bad, that Seattle wanted none of their players.  Or Seattle is just....bad. 
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

CBJ signed the player that Seattle picked last week.  So the CBJ roster was so bad, that Seattle wanted none of their players.  Or Seattle is just....bad. 

It was terrible asset management from Ron Francis, who is known for terrible asset management. Seattle could've taken Stenlund for depth or as a trade piece. Could've taken Domi and flipped him with retained salary for an early to mid round pick; would've been smart since they're barely above the cap floor. Could've taken Kukan who would net a late round pick. Instead they took a prospect and couldn't agree to terms. I'm a league known for taking retreads, Francis was still a questionable pick for the franchise's first GM.
  • MazMaz Senior Barfly
    JiveHawk said:

elpalito said:

JiveHawk said:

elpalito said:

It was terrible asset management from Ron Francis, who is known for terrible asset management. Seattle could've taken Stenlund for depth or as a trade piece. Could've taken Domi and flipped him with retained salary for an early to mid round pick; would've been smart since they're barely above the cap floor. Could've taken Kukan who would net a late round pick. Instead they took a prospect and couldn't agree to terms. I'm a league known for taking retreads, Francis was still a questionable pick for the franchise's first GM.
    Seattle took Vitek Vanacek from the Caps instead of Brenden Dillon. The Caps then flipped Dillon to Winnipeg to dump salary so they could sign Ovi and a backup G in exchange for 2 second round picks. Seattle then traded Vanacek back to the Caps for one of those second round picks. I recognize that there was more going on with that (uncertainty of who they could sign in free agency) ... but, that move looks pretty stupid in hindsight.
    Werenski with the big extension.  We know who Jarmo wants to build around. 
    elpalito said:

Werenski with the big extension.  We know who Jarmo wants to build around. 

The core is set. Gonna take awhile to get out of the lottery again, but I like the direction.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I heard Portzline on the radio today say that the defensive prowess of a line of Voracek-Laine-Roslovic would lead to a lot of “High Event Hockey.”
    moose
    oh, the CBJ are definitely swinging from a defensive heavy focus to an offensive heavy focus -- at least as far as roster goes.  We'll see if Larsen plays along better than Torts.  I have no idea how Larsen would be defined.
    JohnnyMac said:

I heard Portzline on the radio today say that the defensive prowess of a line of Voracek-Laine-Roslovic would lead to a lot of “High Event Hockey.”

Well, about 40 times this past season I turned the game off in the second period because it was so boring and awful to watch!