Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami @ Toledo

Comments

• The spread was Rockets -12
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Same thoughts as most of the posts. Watching the bench area, some of our players look disinterested. Some are really allowing their frustration to influence their game on the floor.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

The spread was Rockets -12

I'm not actually putting money on the line, but I'm playing this game with myself where I pick each Miami conference game. I had Miami +3 against NIU, and I took Toledo -12 today. Looks like I have a decent chance at a 2-0 start.
    Well we made it nearly a minute into the 2nd before our first turn over of the half.
    Toledo 7-14 from 3. Do we just not teach perimeter D at all?
    edited January 2017
    This game not really close, but Logan and Mills having nice games for the second straight game. We might have a shot at .500 in the MAC if they keep this up.
  • Re6H5wk said:

I'm not actually putting money on the line, but I'm playing this game with myself where I pick each Miami conference game. I had Miami +3 against NIU, and I took Toledo -12 today. Looks like I have a decent chance at a 2-0 start.
    I'm staying the hell away from betting on Miami basketball.
    edited January 2017
    Good lord our defense is terrible today. Three and-1 opportunities for Toledo in their last 4 possessions.

Re6H5wk said:

I'm staying the hell away from betting on Miami basketball.
    Too unpredictable?
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Good lord our defense is terrible today. Three and-1 opportunities for Toledo in their last 4 possessions.

We do foul a lot and not in the good hard way!
    Wright shoots from INSIDE the arc, and he makes it!
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    I know they are playing us, but Toledo looks like a good well balanced team, a lot of options on offense, good defense and rebounding.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    OK, their bigs are better, their guards are better and they are better coached. Discussing which eateries to look at. Over and out
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Re6H5wk said:

4th and-1

Re6H5wk
    10-24 from the line against Northern, 8-8 today.

And ANOTHER and-1 for Toledo!
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    After reviewing, how do they stay with that call?  Neither foot was inside the Arc?
    Rockets haven't been dancing since 1980? Wow, I was thinking early '90s.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    They only have one tough game on the schedule at OU, they could go 15-1 or 16-0 in the MAC.  
    edited January 2017
    skin66 said:

OK, their bigs are better, their guards are better and they are better coached. Discussing which eateries to look at. Over and out

You hung in their though more than 1.5 rough games today. Tip of the hat to you.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Logan is building some confidence with that low post game.  These junk minutes can be valuable to us.
    El13 said:

They only have one tough game on the schedule at OU, they could go 15-1 or 16-0 in the MAC.  

They're good, and the West isn't great, but they're not THAT good IMO.

• AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Logan looks really good. He should be getting a touch just about every possession.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

El13 said:

They're good, and the West isn't great, but they're not THAT good IMO.

We'll see, I agree hard to do, but they don't play Akron and only once vs OU. 
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    I like the fight we still have with being down this far on the road!
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    El13 said:

If you could sum up the John Cooper era in one sentence, this would be a strong contender
    DevilGradRe6H5wkQuinoaburger
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    This Sanford is looking like Tony Parker tonight?  We need someone to stay in front of him!
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

El13 said:

If you could sum up the John Cooper era in one sentence, this would be a strong contender
    I can think of a few better options.

• El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    edited January 2017
    I know the score is bad and we probably won't cover the spread, however, with Weathers having foul trouble again, no Jovic and Harouna having a bad day, it could have been worse.  Logan and Mills played well, so if we can figure out how to keep Weathers out of foul trouble, I think we can compete with most teams in the MAC.  Marcus needs to play more as well.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    This may be the last time we see much of Wright, simply just not enough value.
    Re6H5wk
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    NIU pounding CMU, BGSU won at Ball St and Buffalo won at EMU.  West is weak, Toledo should own that side.